Chapter One

"Goodnight, Midnight" Jinsoo says as he pets his deaf outdoor cat before heading inside. Once the backdoor is closed and his dog, Rocky, gets fed, Jinsoo begins his nightly routine of locking and closing every door and window as well as turning off every light that was left on. 

After locking up his house for the night, Jinsoo heads to the kitchen to get a slice of one of his favorite desserts, cheesecake. Turning the light off behind him, Jinsoo brings his cheesecake up the stairs to his bedroom to sit on his bed and play his favorite mobile game, The Arcana. 

Just as Jinsoo enters his bedroom, he almost immediately notices that his phone seemingly begins to glitch as it lays on the middle of his bed. Curiosity consuming him, Jinsoo cautiously walks over to his bed, setting his cheesecake on his nightstand before turning to his phone. As Jinsoo finally gets a look at his phone screen, he sees that The Arcana is already open but glitching out. Too scared to pick up his phone, Jinsoo simply watches the screen for a few moments before it begins to produce a blinding bright light. As the light gets brighter, Jinsoo shields his closed eyes with his arm to prevent damage to his eyesight. Before he knows it, the light is gone, allowing Jinsoo to let his arm fall from his now open eyes.

As Jinsoo's eyes readjusts to the light coming from his bedside lamp, he sees five figures standing in front of him as he stares in shock.

~

- 💜