Breakneck - CHAPTER 1

* Kendall's POV *

*RINGGGGG!*, the usual annoying alarm rang and vibrated from the left side of my bed. Slowly fluttering my eyes and realised that it was Monday. Annoyed at first but realising our mid term is just a couple of weeks more to come and the urge to study needs to appear. I was about to snooze my stupid alarm but being disturbed by a knock on the door.

A hush voice calling me, without thinking i knew it was my dad

" Can I come in, angel? " 

" Sure dad. " I replied.

He came in while holding a tray with a glass of pulpy's orange juice, a slice of bread, some butter and Krave cereals. 

'Good morning little angel, it's already 6, how was your sleep?' as he kissed my forehead. 

'Good morning, It was good dad but I really loved it if it wasn't Monday today', 

I replied and started to eat my breakfast in bed. He replied to my sarcasm, 

'nope, you need to study. Now, go have your breakfast and take a shower, don't be late, Chris will be here any minute, don't keep him waiting', he smiled. I said, 

'seriously?! oh my gosh i totally forgot about that! thanks dad, love you' 

'love you too, sweetheart. " he replied with a grin on his face as he walk downstairs.

I started shuffling my playlist on my laptop, then continued to spread some butter onto my bread. A few to finishing my meal, i heard a loud shout calling my name,

'Kendall ! Chris is here !',

My dad's calling made me jump out of nowhere because I haven't even shower yet, I almost fell on my way to the bathroom. I randomly chose a towel and quickly took my shower without hesitation to reply my dad. After a super fast shower, I rushed downstairs and saw Chris sitting on our couch while cuddling a pillow with my dad by his side. I could feel the tense he is getting, he may refused to say his nervous but I know he is, its too obvious. Helping him, I guess, I walked to their position. 

" So, you're ready to school? " I asked him to end the awkwardness around us. 

" Yeah, come on. We'll be going now, Mr. Scott. It was nice talking to you. " Chris quickly replied. 

" Bye dad, love you. " I said as I was drag to Chris's car on our front yard. 

Letting my hand go as he walked through the back of his car and into the driver's seat. He started the engine with a fierce roar made by his Nissan GTR. I let out a soft chuckle which to me it was hard to hear but I guess I was wrong. He looked at me astonished by my expression. 

"What ? You were funny just now, I can see that you're nervous", I said and I just laughed as I started to put on thick black eyeliner and pink lip gloss.

"Oh I was nervous alright, I can't help it, your Dad's seems to look at me like I'm his food, like he's going to eat me pretty soon !", said Chris. 

"Hahaha, he likes you, he said you're just like him when he was younger, so don't worry, both of you are my babies ! cuties", I replied with a light laugh.

He blushed as he pulled his hair back, "oh by the way, baby, are you free this next Saturday ? The football club is throwing a party well you know, because of the game we won, they are celebrating the glory'.

"Oh that party, I saw Mckenzie tweeted about that, I'm not sure though, I might have to attend my dad's dinner with his business partners. He has been asking me to join him for months, but hm, i don't know." I replied.

"Oh, really ? Hmm, I want to go there with my girlfriend but she doesn't want to. It's sad to be me." he murmured.

I felt bad and said, " its not like that, I'm sorry but my dad needs me, I'm stuck in between, please don't be mad at me, I love you". 

Chris replied, "i love you too, just tell me if you're free on that day, I really wish you can be there with me."

"Aww, I will inform you if I'm free. OH STOP ! There's a parking space there. Quick quick !" I said. 

He drove fast and parked at the place I asked him to, how I love the sound of his car roars when he boosts his car. As we walked in, we just realised that we were 30 minutes late so we rushed into the school quickly. Fortunately, it was Mrs. John's class. She's nice but I didn't hesitate to say that she can be a bit tempered. So I went to the left of the school hallway and Chris went to the right as he's in a different class, he's studying for his last year in the school while I have another two years studying in this prison.