MYSTERY OF PAIN

MYSTERY OF PAIN !
i don't care about the future.

━  pain!! reunion!! hurt!! open ending!!

I SPENT THESE YEARS AS A GHOSTMY SENSE OF TIME IS DISTORTED

MY SENSE OF TIME IS DISTORTED

THE MEMORY OF YOU IS A KNIFE
PLUNGED INTO MY HEART

IF WE COULD TURN BACK TIME
AND MEET AGAIN
I WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT

MY BONES MISS YOU
EVEN IF MY MIND FORGOT

YOU DESERVED A BETTER GOODBYE

The year is 1989, five years after the summer they met. It's been so long that they wonder whether it was real at all, or a figment their minds conjured to save them from reality.

It was a dream of youth, a fool's paradise of false hope. Cupid's arrow found its home in their bodies, and they fell, even when they knew they were doomed.

There is a sort of sick satisfaction to the inevitability of it all: young, summer love doesn't last.

As they watch shitty rom-coms on a rented VHS player, or walk side-by-side listening to Violent Femmes, they remember the sunshine and magical kisses, but also the misery of being pulled apart.

It makes them scared. They don't want to lose each other again, but what if they're not meant to be?

It's the end of the begining, in more ways than once.

BOOK 2 OF THE ATONAL OEUVRES SERIES

A/N: Rewatched Stranger Things this summer. Now I'm back with new inspiration, and part two to The Summer of 1984: The Pain from an Old Wound. To spice things up a bit, I wrote this from Hongjoong's perspective. I hope it doesn't disappoint. The amount of support and love my works have received lately is overwhelming THANK YOU ALL FOR PAYING ATTENTION TO ME PROJECTING MY FEELINGS!!!