Death

WARNING: This story contains spoilers for the Maze Runner series! If you have not read them yet, please stop.

•*•*•*•*•**

It had been only two short months after Newt had died, and Thomas was surer than ever about the decision he was about to make.

His note set in front of him, Thomas picked up the gun that he killed newt with.

Thomas' hands shook as he gripped the gun he had pointed at his head.

"I'm so sorry Newt. I love you," Thomas said quietly, tears streaming down his face.

He pulled the trigger.

•*•*•*•**

Newt had felt worse than he ever has.

Even though he was dead, and living in the after life.

He felt awful because he didn't confess his love to the one person who made him feel special.

Thomas.

A tear slid down Newt's face at the thought of the one he loved. And as quick as the tears came, he wiped them away.

He heard a crash far ahead on the path he was walking on, and looked up

In the middle of the open gates, stood Thomas.

Before Newt registered what that meant, Thomas was bolting towards him.

"T-tommy," Newt gasped as Thomas ran into his arms, "You're not supposed to be here,"

"I couldn't live without you," Thomas' voice was muffled by the thin cotton of Newt's shirt.

The longer they hugged, the more Newt realized how skinny Thomas was now. His hands ran down Thomas' back, feeling each bump of his spine.

"You're so skinny," Newt said with a sick feeling in his stomach.

"I am?" Thomas asked, pulling out of the hug all too soon.

"Yes! Bloody hell. I can feel your ribs, and your backbone. It's not right," Newt exclaimed.

"I...I just couldn't live with myself after I...i..." Thomas started to cry as he thought of what he did.

"I know," Newt soothed, pulling him into a hug once more, "...I know. You're okay. You're safe with me."

Thomas knew he'd be okay eventually. Not quite yet. But eventually.

"Tommy," Newt released him from the hug, "There's something really important that I need to tell you."

Thomas sniffled, "I'm listening,"

Newt took Thomas' in his own, "Tommy, since we've been apart so long, I've gotten time to realize my true emotions," he sighed, "Tommy, I...uh...I love you,"

Thomas' eyes brightened, and he smiled as wide as he thought was possible.

"And I have a question," Newt said, "Can I kiss you?"

Thomas smiled even wider, and answered him by pressing their lips together in a tender kiss.

After they finally pulled apart, dizzy from the lack of air, their foreheads rested together.

"Yours?" Thomas asked.

"Mine," Newt answered, and kissed Thomas again. Happy to have him in his life again.