Chapter 1

Elena

New state. New job. New place I can call home.

Dragging my belongings across the lobby which actually is just my luggage and a backpack, I waited at the reception desk. I got the place from a dear friend who knew the owner of the apartment. I used almost half of my savings getting this place. The place itself was gorgeous. Not like a five-star hotel; but more like an apartment where J-Lo lives in the video of "Papi" minus the grill. Happens to be one of my favourite songs by the way.

The reception desk is sleek with a marble counter top with splashes of gold and black along the sides. The building is merely 5 floors; each floor consisting 4 apartments. Praise the Lord, they have elevators too. Thank you Jesus. I mean I'm not the lazy kind but 4 flight of stairs is my limit especially if I'm tired.

As I was getting engrossed studying the intricate design along the stairway, I was gently nudged by a light tap. Turning around, I met a cheerful lady who is probably in her mid-forties in a burgundy uniform. I glanced at the name tag. Celine.

"Hi. You must be Elena, the new tenant," she smiled.

"Hey. Yes in flesh. Is the owner around? I'd like to thank her for the place." I asked.

"Oh no. She isn't around. But I'll let you know if she drops by."

"Thank you Celine."

"No worries young lady. Now if you are ready I'll show you around and let you get settled in your apartment. Unless you would like to settle down first and have that little tour later on."

I'm already liking the hospitality. It has taken some of my dreaded thoughts away of living in a new place alone.

"I'd love to see around if you have the time. If I'm not bothering."

"Pftt sweetie, you are hardly a bother. I'd rather take you around before I have to deal with another one of Adrina's antics. God that woman has something bad to say every damn day."

I couldn't stop the giggle that came out and apologised.

"I know I'm not supposed to laugh so I apologise."

"All fine girl. I'd giggle if I were you too." She rolled her gorgeous brown eyes as she smiled. "Let's start moving. There isn't much to see but we'll start from the base and move upwards. Leave your bags here. Antonio will have it delivered to you when you get settled in your apartment.

I nodded and tagged along, leaving by bags neatly by the counter, wondering who's Antonio.

Celine took me through one of the lanes next to the counter which revealed a spacious gym. I only like to run so the treadmill would put on to good use.

"This is the gym. You are welcomed in here. Its open 24 hours for tenants. We do get outsiders come in for a little fee but its only opened for them during specific time."

"Is the gym always packed?" I asked.

"Mostly dear. But its usually abandoned after 12am. Mind you though plenty of hot bodies around before that....so if you need some eye candies, do drop by." She giggled.

I was blushing when she finished the sentence. "God nooo. But thank you for the insight. After 12am it is."

"Ah a shy one." She winked.

"Just a little." I smiled at this wonderful lady.

Next she took me to the pool and explained the rules of it. Common things but I guess its part of her giving me the tour.

"No bikini or swimsuit. No entry."

My face fell... I'm not entering anywhere that requires me to lose my shirt and my pants. So I guess the pool is off limits to me.
"Understood but I'm not much of a swimmer Celine."

"Ah then no worries dear. But I'd say you'd have lots of eyes heading your ways dear if you do. You are gorgeous."

I blushed again but thank goodness to my tanned skin its not always visible. Then I frowned at her remark. I'm not like what she says. I look average. Like a normal person would. Big brown eyes, gifted on the lashes department; sharp face and slim, body. At 5'6 ft, I'm mostly underweight but I have high metabolism so I enjoy food as much as I can before the metabolism isn't working as much. I dont have a big rack or ass so I'm not exactly gifted in those departments. Not that I'm complaining.

Celine somehow followed my train of thoughts and asked, "What?! You don't think you look beautiful?"

I shrugged nervously. "Well I just look average but thank you for being kind."

"Stating the obvious isn't being kind girl. And you are beautiful." She said sternly.

Giving up since there seems to be no room for arguments, I smiled and muttered my 'thank you'.

She brought me to the lobby and gestured at the elevators. "These two elevators always operate but if you have any issues with it do let Antonio know. He is our handyman. I do the paperwork and he does the hands-on."

"Thank you very much Celine."

"Always a pleasure showing someone new around. But like I said nothing much to see. The rest of the floors consists of 4 apartments each; all owned but not all are occupied. Yours happens to be on the fifth floor. Before I forget; all the mails will be received by me so I'll drop it by the mailbox next to your apartment door. Do check with me if its anything urgent."

"Got it. I dont think I'd get many but I'll keep that in mind."

"Antonio has already brought your luggage to your apartment." She said looking back at the desk to find my luggage missing.

I smiled and nodded; unsure of what else to say to thank this wonderful lady.

She motioned for us to get into the elevator and pressed 5. The elevator is squeaky clean. Mirror panels along the sides and on the ceiling. This would come in handy if I'm rushing to work or somewhere. I adjusted my wavy curls behind one ear and run my fingers through the other side. The elevator pinged and I stepped outside with Celine.

Celine turned left indicating my apartment should be that way. I was right behind her tail when she took another left and was halted by a warm wall.

"Gosh I'm so sorry." I said blushing from embarrassment.

No reply came; making me look up towards the person. Him. No...angel. Dark angel maybe. Holy Lord he is immaculate. A man in suit. Towering over me at 6'3ft; athletic frame, dark messy black hair done on purpose, light green eyes mixed with blue hues framed by thick lashes, sharp jaw that could cut through your heart, plump lips. God definitely took his time creating this masterpiece.

"Don't be. Pleasures all mine." He said with his panty-drop voice as he steadied me.

"Hello Damien. I see you have met our new tenant, Elena. Elena, this is Damien. He is one of our tenants here." Celine butted in.

Oh god he is living here too. Jesus hell of an eye candy. But I should stop blushing from this male species and move.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Damien." I smiled.

"Hello Celine. Again...the pleasure all mine. I'll see you around Elena." He returned my smile before a look of confusion crossed his beautiful face as he walked towards the elevators.

I nodded and glanced behind before he disappeared around the corner to catch him glancing my way as well. We turned back at such a speed probably mortified that we caught each other in the act: it would put cheetahs to shame. Blushing again I followed Celine the apartment numbered 2.

Celine beamed at me as she shoved the key into the key hole to reveal what's behind the door.

My home.