Chapter 1

Graduated from college is one of the things on my wishlist. I waited that so bad because I really wanted to get a job outside my hometown. Not that I don't like this place, I do love it, it's just I want to get out of here and explore the world.

I'm the only child that my parents have, so I understand that they never let me go too far from home. And it sucks. I couldn't even join my friends to travelled like wherever they can go, even though when I was in college. It made me feel like I'm a forever kid.

After my graduation, I've applied a job at one of the biggest magazine companies in London. And lucky me, after going through in several online interviews, two days ago I got an email which said that they were very confident about hiring me. I've been accepted! And it was a very good reason for my parents to let me go, they won't ruin my dream as they know that I'm very obsessed to work in that industry.

They have rent an apartment for me and will be there accompany me for couple days just to make sure that I'll be okay to live alone. I've told them to not do that for me, I mean, I'm a big girl. So it doesn't really necessary, besides, I'll have Suzie there.

Suzie is my very best friend since we're at elementary school. We always have an amazing connection and never apart since that time and ever, I guess. She's not going to work in any company like me because she decided to be take part in her family own business which is furniture. Suzie and her mom will have a business trip in London for two weeks. That's why I'll have her there and I'm so glad.

But my parents especially Mom, insisted that they have to be there with me at least just for three days. And three days can be a month, in this case. Yup, she's just too worried about me.

"Brianne!" Mom's voices make me jump from my daydreaming, so I decide to downstairs quickly before it turns louder.

"Yes?" I answered after met her in the kitchen.

"Have you done packed all of your stuffs? We have to go to the airport in an hour." She asked with her worried face.

"Actually everything was done last night, Mom. Nothing will be left. You don't need to worry." I calmed her down with a smile.

Then she smiled and rubbed my hair, "Oh honey, I can't believe you will leave this house soon. Then it will gonna be only me and your Dad here." I can see the sadness and happiness at the same time of her eyes when she said that. She shed the tears.

"Mom, please don't cry. I don't want to make you sad. It makes me feel guilty." I said as I wiped the tears from her cheek.

"No, no. Don't be honey. It's just a joy tears." She smiles. "I'm very proud of you. You've tried so hard to get the job that you really want. And this is it, you got it!" She hugged me so tightly and I hugged her back.

"Thank you, Mom. For everything."

"Brie?" she releases her arms from me.

"Yes?"

"Is it really has to be in London?" She frowned.

"Oh Mom, c'mon ..."

"Just kidding, honey." She laughed and winked at me. "C'mon let's help your Dad to put things in the car." She embraced and led me out of the house to help Dad.

I knew that all of these emotional feeling would happened today. Deep in me, it's a little bit hard to leave my parents, and for not having them near me. But c'mon big girl, you can do it. This is what I want. Get a job, move, and have a new life.

After thirty minutes, we left the house and go to the airport. I'm wearing my black high waist skinny jeans and black and white striped t-shirt, also my comfy white sneaker, my dark brown hair is on messy bun, and I put the sunglasses at the top of my head. Yeah, it's my favorite style. I love being simple in fashion. It makes me freely move and of course, confident.