A night made of excuses and stargazing

"So how was Antalya? I heard that my son took his fiancée with him" Aydan asked casually, stirring her tea distractedly as she looked at Selin playing with her bracelet and tried to read her expression across the breakfast table.

Poor girl, Aydan thought, torturing herself because she thinks that Serkan had actually changed her for that ill-mannered woman. To be honest, seeing Selin that sad was starting to make her feel guilty about being part of that fake engagement game.

A game that was starting to feel way too real for her taste, a game that had ended up with her son and that girl in the cover of every magazine as the faces of a new scandal.

The situation was really getting on her nerves now.

"They seem to be inseparable, aunt Aydan. Even with the contract gossip going around, Serkan's infatuation for Eda seems to remain untouched" She raised her big blue eyes to her, on the verge of tears "I know this was a set up to tarnish his reputation, but to be honest I am really worried about the influence that Eda has on Serkan. We barely know the girl; for what we know she could actually be after his money"

Selin was right about one thing; Serkan seemed to be under the spell of that girl and the lines of their fake relationship were getting blurrier, not only to those around but between themselves. It was way too dangerous to keep it going for too long.

"You are right, Selincim. But trust me, whether she is after our money or not, that girl will soon be gone" She muttered, more to herself than to Selin. "Anyway! Seyfi, tell Serkan to come and have breakfast with me and Selin"

She purposely forgot to mention Eda, even though she knew she had to pretend in front of Selin that the girl was staying there.

"Your tea will get cold if I do that, Aydan hanım" The boy interrupted her thoughts with a weird smile on his face, as if he was happy to inform her "Because he's not at home"

"How come? He's not back from Antalya yet?" She turned towards Selin, who seemed to be as clueless as her.

"He had to reunite with Birol bey to sign the contract, but after the filtration problem with the media I supposed he would want to come back immediately"

"Oh, he did come home" Seyfi clarified, the smile never leaving his face "He saw Sirius, asked me to put some of his stuff in his car and left"

Something was amiss, Aydan hanım thought. Her son had never spent a night outside the house if it was not necessary, and even when he had business trips and had to, he informed her and tried to be home as soon as he could.

"Uh uh, and where did he go then?

Her eyes went to Seyfi again, who seemed to be enjoying the situation.

"How could I know, Aydan hanım?"

But in fact, Seyfi knew exactly where Serkan heart had lead him last night.

The night before...

Eda had never seen her aunt so mad since she found out that Serkan Bolat had finished her scholarship. It was funny, actually, that the same man was once again the reason behind her anger.

"I will not accept, and listen to me Eda, I will not let that family treat you like you are a gold digger" She raised her hands in the air as she walked back and forth in their kitchen "Eda Yıldız after money! If your grandmother knew!"

"But she will not, and we are not going to discuss this" Getting her grandmother in this business was the last thing she wanted now. I would only complicate everything when the time to separate from Serkan came.