PROLOGUE

The smell of death filled the late night air as a large wolf like monster tore apart the bodies of many of the cities inhabitants. Blood dripped from it's muzzle and claws as it ripped the body of a young boy apart viciously.

Underneath the rubble, a young girl with bright red hair laid injured and unconscious. Her young, thin, body cut, scraped, and bruised. Blood dripped from some of her wounds and her forehead had a particularly nasty cut.

As the monster's carnage raged on, two young girls appeared on a cliff not too far away from the destroyed city. Both of them had glowing amethyst colored eyes that all told the story of death and danger in them. With cloaks pulled up over their heads, you could barely see much else other than their glowing eyes.

"This is quite the mess," one of the girls said as she threw off her cloak to reveal herself. She had pale pastel blue hair that was put up in a bun. A blue dress overtop of a white petticoat was worn by this girl. The neckline wrapped around her neck and tied with a blue ribbon in the back.

The girl standing next to her gave a nod before taking off her own cloak. Her hair was the color of honey and was pulled up into a high ponytail. Her halter top's color matched her hair with a white knee length pleated skirt. She was wearing golden gladiator style sandals on her feet too.

"It is isn't it?" She told them as they gazed out at the bloodied carnage that stretched out before them. "Sad too," the honey haired girl added as she turned her attention back to her blue haired partner.

"Let's get to work Kimika," the blue haired girl told the other as she moved to jump off of the cliff's edge. Kimika let out a soft sigh while shaking her head. She then, moved to run and jump down as well.

The two young girls landed softly on the ground below the cliff and then with a look between them, they dashed off towards the still raging monster. Each of them pulled out a pair of revolvers out of their holders and ducked behind a ruined car.

The monster sniffed the air, a drop of blood landing on the rubble where the young red headed girl still laid. Then it turned around and growled before bounding away from the city.

"Now Kanade!" Kimika shouted to her partner as they jumped out of their hiding spot and shot at the giant monster's retreating form. Their magically charged bullets hitting its body and lodging themselves deep within its flesh.

The monster stopped and fell to the ground with a thump. The two girls smiled at each other before turning to collect it's soul crystal. They walked slowly up to it, not knowing if it was all the way dead yet. When they reached the body, they found that it was dead.

Kimika ran her hand over the body and the monster began to turn into smoke before slowly seeping into a small white colored crystal that floated in the air where it had once laid. Once all the smoke went into the crystal, Kimika picked it up and placed it into a simple pouch that was tied around her waist.

The two girls turned to head back to Majo Academy when a whimper sounded from somewhere to their left. The girls looked at each other before shrugging.

"Just our imaginations," Kanade told Kimika as they turned around and began walking away. The two girls were almost out of earshot when a scream for help rang out throughout the silent night. They turned to face each other before racing towards where the sound had come from.

"H-Help!" The voice cried out again. It sounded young. The two girls began digging through the rubble. As they cleared some of it away, a pocket of space appeared and a young girl with bright red hair and some bad wounds laid there. Her eyes wide with fear and her breathing heavy from the lack of air and her screaming.

The girls moved to help her out of their when they caught the color of her eyes. They stared in shock at the girl as realization kicked in. They then continued to pull her out before setting her on the ground again.

They then looked at each other with worry and shock. Kimika then leaned in close so that she could whisper into Kanade's ear.

"She's a Witch Maiden."