★14★

Tʜʀsᴅᴀʏ, Oᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 12ᴛʜ, 1989

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

"Oh come on Kelly we're gonna be late for school", Lisa said trying to get Kelly to come out of her bathroom.

"Yeah you can't stay in there forever", I said.

"I'm not going, I'm never coming out ever!"

"Kelly, it's just a pimple it's not the end of the world", Jessie said.

"That's easy for you to say. You don't have a light bulb attached at the end of your nose"

"Oh my gosh girls look it's George Michael's new video", Lisa said.

"He's in bikini briefs!", Jessie adds on as Kelly comes bursting out of her bathroom.

"Oh my gosh I love George Michael. . .But this is George Jetson", Kelly said disappointed.

"Now can we go?"

"I am not going to school with this thing on the end of my nose"

"Let me take a look at it", Lisa said lifting Kelly's head up.

"Kelly there's barely anything there, it looks like a freckle"

"It may look like a freckle now but by the end of the day i'll look like rudolf the red nose reindeer", Kelly said.

"Fine, then you lead the way", Jessie joked.

"Guys this is serious, today's the homecoming parade", Kelly said drifting into a day dream.

"Don't you guys understand? I've never won anything before in my life"

"Oh Kelly you're overreacting", Lisa said trying to comfort her.

"Look, this is my mom's crown from when she won homecoming queen", Kelly said walking over to the other side of the room.

"I wanna make her proud of me"

"Kelly you don't have to win a contest to make your parents proud", Jessie said.

"Well maybe not, but if I win I could be in the Kapowski spotlight for once. I mean with seven kids in the family, it's not often I get to feel special"