two

FREYA
It was 9pm by the time i got back home. Usually i would stay at the lake for another hour or so, but today I was worried about my mum. She hadn't taken Brad, my brother, leaving so well. For months she had tried to convince him to stay, but i think we both knew he'd go. Being in the army had been his dream since he was little, and although we were scared for him, it was his life, and neither me or my mum had control over that.

My mum and dad had divorced when I was younger, and he moved away down to Cornwall for a quiet life. I haven't seen him in years, so I have no idea what he's doing. I go to visit sometimes, but not often, i've just got used to him not being around. Plus now, I don't think i'd want to leave mum alone at the moment, she's in a state over Brad. I'll just wait till my birthday when I get a card from him.

As I walked through my front door, I yelled 'hi' to make make my presence known. The house wasn't very big, so I could hear movement in most parts of the house from any part of it. I heard mugs clattering in the kitchen, so I walked through into it to see my mum fumbling around trying to make a drink whilst crying.

"Here, let me do it." I took the mug from her hand before filling the kettle with water and my mum went to sit at the table. I got an extra mug out for me.

I made the tea, bringing it over to where my mum was sat, pushing one over to her.

"Thanks poppet." She gave me a wonky smile before lifting the mug up to her lips, taking a sip of her tea. "How was your walk?" She asked.

Obviously she knew I went out every night to clear my mind, but she didn't know about the reservoir, which I liked to keep to myself, until tonight where I shared it. "Yeah good, the sunset was nice." Mum just smiled at me.

My mind went back to earlier, where I had spent at least an hour sat with Theo, a literal prince. A part of me wondered if I had made it up in my head, a simple daydream, but if this was a daydream, it was a very realistic one.

My family had never been too fussed over the Royal family, they didn't mind them being there, but they weren't the biggest fans. My grandpa had always told me they were stuck up and arrogant, but after tonight I had to challenge that idea. I had seen a more vulnerable side of one of them tonight, and i wondered if i'd ever get the opportunity again.

Once I had finished drinking, I tipped the remaining tea down the sink, and gave my mum a quick 'goodnight' before going to my room.

THEO
Once I got back, i threw Molly's lead with the rest of the others and took my shoes off. Mum must've heard me come back as I almost bumped into her coming round one of the corners.

"How was your walk?" She asked.

I thought back to being sat against the tree with the girl I had just met, the two of us just sat in silence.

"Yeah, if was alright." I decided not to mention the fact i'd spoken with someone else, because I don't know how she would've reacted to it.

"Good, i'm glad you enjoyed it." she patted my arms with both of her hands. "Anyway, you should sleep, we're having an interview tomorrow with Radio 1." Oh yeah.

"Yeah, night mum." I smiled and left, making my way towards my room.

I had a shower then got ready to sleep, but as I lay in bed, my mind kept drifting back to Freya, and how relaxed she was around me. She's the sort of person i'd see myself being friends with if I had lived a normal life. She didn't judge, she was calm, and she listened. The three things i've noticed people don't do when they see me.

7pm, everyday after she's eaten.

-

It's been an hour since i'd woken up, and here I am in a casual suit getting ready to leave for a radio interview. I didn't even get why we were doing one, we never usually did. It was only me, mum and dad going so it could be interesting.

"You ready Theo?" Mum came in and asked.

"Yeah." and I followed behind her.

Within the hour we were in the studio ready, I was sat in between my mum and dad, sat across from the hosts who smiled at me.

"Right so, we're here with some very special guests, His and Her Royal Highness the Duke And Duchess of Cambridge, and their son Prince Theo. Welcome."

For the next quarter of an hour my parents sat and spoke about various charities they're working with, which again, is something I admire about them. But soon after the attention was put onto me.

"So Theo, how does if feel knowing that one day you'll be King of England?"

It was a question I got almost all of the time, but still, I didn't know how to answer.

"Yeah, it's an honour to be able to say I have that ahead of me." I tried to answer as well as I could.

"I'm sure, and how about your daily life? Any hobbies, interests, girls...?" the presenter questioned, grinning at me. My mum and dad laughing from either side of me.

"Uh, yeah, I'm planning on attending university soon to study history, it's always been a big interest of mine." I smiled back at the people in front of me.

"And girls? Because I know my niece is obsessed with you."

I gave a quick laugh to try and cover how awkward the question was. "No, there's no one really yet."

"Well, you've got plenty time for all that."

"Yeah." I gave another awkward chuckled, as my parents were asked more questions.

FREYA
Me and mum had decided to go visit my grandma and grandpa today. It was my idea, I thought it would take her mind off brad.

We pulled up outside their house, and I flung open the car door, excited to see them. I practically ran to the door, knocking on it. Seconds later my grandma answered.

"Freya!" She exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug. "Where's your mother?"

"She's coming, she's just locking the car."

My grandma took my face in her hand, taking a good look at me. "Go on in, your grandpa's in the living room."

I nodded and made my way through to where my grandpa was. He was sat in his arm chair reading the daily newspaper.

"Hi grandpa!" I went and gave him a quick hug.

"Well, if it isn't my favourite granddaughter." he chuckled.

I went to sit on the sofa opposite my grandpa as my mum and grandma came in the room.

"Right, who wants a cup of tea?"

We all agreed to one, and I got up to go and help my grandma make them. Just as i got to the door to leave my grandpa spoke up.

"Oh Freya, turn that radio off will you." He pointed towards the radio that sat on the coffee table, his finger wagging.

"Why was wrong with it?" I began walking towards it.

"Those royals and their bloody son." he groaned.

I turned off the radio, then turned to face the elderly man in his chair.

"I honestly don't know why you hate them that much." I laughed before leaving to help with the drinks.

Whilst brewing the tea, I thought about the radio. Was it Theo that was on? Surely it was. But before I could dwell on the thought any longer, my grandma asked me to grab the milk from the fridge. Knocking me from my thoughts, I smiled and went to get it.

"I like your dress sweetheart, when did you get that?" She looked me up and down in an none judgemental way, looking at my spring styled floral dress.

"A couple weeks ago, I went out with Han to get it." I beamed.

"It's lovely, right let's take these drinks in."

We spend a couple hours with my grandparents, before mum decided it was time we went back home to make dinner.

I gave them both a hug before we went back to the car and drove back home.