~•Chaper 1•~

"DAD! HURRY UP!" I shouted up the stairs to my father, who was talking ages to get ready. "Alright sweetheart! I just had to reply to the team!" He shouted back, making me roll my eyes. He was always focussing on that Quidditch Team of his. My brother; Cameron Cossel, went to Durmstrang. He was also an aspiring member of Puddlemere United, and was the captain of his Quidditch team at school. "YEAH FATHER! BE QUICK, I NEED SOME NEW QUIDDITCH GLOVES!" Cameron agreed beside me, and within two minutes; my father had his coat on, and was ready to go. My brother had been accepted to both Durmstrang and Hogwarts, and he went for the first; for the physical strength, he said; 'they give a good build for a quidditch player'. Which (obviously) my dad greatly agreed. I had turned eleven a month ago, and I, had also gotten into both, but much to my father's and brother's dismay, I chose Hogwarts. I have already made it obvious to my family that I do not want to be a quidditch player like the rest of them. My dad had been trying to get me on a broom for years, and he had been successful. Several times. I am an 'excellent seeker' apparently. I don't care if I am. I don't like the bloody sport.

"Come on sis,"
My brother pulled me toward the fireplace. Where, apparently, we were going from. "Alright dear, nice and clear; Diagon Alley!" Father yelled, throwing a mound of black dust beneath him, resulting in a billow of smoke. "Okay, (N/n), just say it very clearly." Cameron instructed, giving me some of the same powder. I closed my eyes, and threw it onto the ground "DIAGON ALLEY!" I spoke, as clearly as I possibly could. I refused to open my eyes, as the cold wind shot past me, as I sped to the fire place I needed.

I opened an eye, and I was in the fireplace of a... pub? I peered around the room, and spotted my father patiently waiting for me. He ushered me out, and dusted me off, so that my brother could get in, which he did. "Dad, where are we?" I looked around. "We, (Y/n), are in the Leaky Cauldron." He grinned. Cameron desperately wanted to go to the 'Quidditch shop' and my father didn't need much convincing.

We began walking, and stopped in front of a Burgundy shop; 'Quality Quidditch Supplies' it read. My brother marvelled the displays in the window with interest, where all you could see on my face was boredom. "Isn't it wonderful (Y/n)? It still isn't too late to get you a broom-" I just scowled at the window. "No thanks." I nodded, and he just sighed in defeat. "-We can get you a Quidditch set, or some gloves-" I shook my head. "Can I go to the book shop?" I asked, trying to change the subject. Just that minute, Cameron came out of the shop with a new pain of leather gloves. "The newest ones dad! I got (Y/n) a pair-" He passed me them. "Thanks..." I took them, and put them in my pocket, I'd probably jus give them to him as a gift or something. "Can I go to the book shop now?" I complained. My dad chuckled and let me go. "If you don't get sorted into Ravenclaw I'll stand hanging." He said truthfully. I agreed. I really wanted to be in Ravenclaw. 'Those of wit and learning' summed me up in one sentence.

I managed to get all of the books I needed for school, as well as four for myself to read. "Next stop... Ollivander's!" He grinned, leading me towards a run-down store full of boxes shoved into their places.

We entered, and a rusty golden bell announced our arrival.

"Ahh, Mister Cossel, a pleasure! Is it (Y/n)'s turn to get a wand? Another Quidditch fan I assume?" The man grinned. I shook my head. "I don't like Quidditch sir, but my brother and father do." I replied, as politely as possible. "That's debatable darling, you can still like Quidditch-" Father fried. I just shook my head, no. He sighed, but was soon distracted by the wands the man, who I soon found out was called 'Mr Ollivander', was showing me.

"Dragon Heartstring, fifteen inches, flexible-" Ollivander listed. I took it in my hand, and gave it a wave, a picture frame smashed and I apologised profusely, he just said he wasn't fond of the colour of the frame anyways. I put it back in its box, and I was handed another, which was in a purple box. "Unicorn hair, ten inches, very flexible-" I flicked it, and a few wand boxes shot out of their places mounted on the walls. "No, no, definitely not." He agreed with my mind. The next he game me, was in an orange box, and I wearingly held it. "Phoenix feather, Dumbledore's own, eighteen inches, flexible-" A golden light cascaded down onto me, as red, yellow and green sparks let themselves free. Mr Ollivander clapped. "Perfect!" My father stated, proudly, as he payed the kind old man, and I left with my newly equipped wand.

"Father..." I fluttered my lashes and pouted. "Yes dear?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Can I get an owl please?" I asked, hopefully. He laughed lightly. "How could I say no to that face? Go on-" I internally cheered, and headed towards the pet shop, eyeing up all of the many owls they had in stock. I decided upon a snowy owl, with bright purple eyes. When I leant our to pet it, it happily leaned into my touch. "Hey, dad can I have this one..." I turned around to just my brother, who gave me a sorrowful look. "Father had to go to an emergency Quidditch practise, but don't worry, I have the money."
He smiled. I sighed and nodded. He always had Quidditch practise. We purchased the little owl from the lovely lady at the shop, then headed out to by the rest of my things. My robes, my cauldrons, and my stationary.