1. The night of his absence.

He grabbed the skateboard as my eyes travelled around the park. It was so quiet yet being around him wasn't at all, his energy was quiet as he moved with his own pace, making me follow him cluelessly.

I've been harassing him to teach me how to skate since forever but it never got that serious until this whole fucking trip — so, he promised to at least teach me the basics before his take off.

As my eyes continued to scan the area cluelessly, he curled his fingers through mine and I didn't question as I followed blindly until he jumped down the ramp and I thought he was just gonna leave and wait for my ass to slowly jump down but he turned around after putting the skateboard on the side. I didn't say anything — I didn't even know what to say — the second he came back for me, as if it was common sense that I couldn't jump down, made me realize that he knew fear would take over my body and that's embarrassing on my part because it wasn't even that high.

High school took over so none of the group skates anymore and that resulted in me not being around it anymore either since I only went to watch. It does feel extremely weird coming back after a year since last time was probably somewhere around the beginning of freshman year.

His hands wrapped around my waist as he studied behind him to make sure it was safe. My curls fell onto him as I grabbed his shoulders for dear life and I was all his in the air before my legs touched the ground again.

"Ok, go on."
"Huh?"

My eyes widened as I paused, waiting for him to repeat the words I was hoping I heard wrong while he eyed me with the black skateboard between us.

"Wavily, go on." he sighed.

"Dayven, I'm not doing that!" I giggled nervously before taking a few steps back.

I'm level 1, he's starting at 3.

"C'mon. It's gonna get dark soon."

"No, it's okay. You go first." I sat down.

"Mhm. Just for a bit, then you're on." he stepped on the skateboard like nothing.

I watched him go from ramp to ramp, just moving through the warm breeze. Deep warm orange sunset took over the entire area as it blended with the clouds. He moved so smoothly as he seemed deep in his head. His eyes scanned every area he crossed and I don't blame him, the sunset was absolutely breathtaking.

The next thing I know, he was right in front of me. "Alright!" He got off and I started panicking. I pulled my sleeves down and hugged my knees as he made his way over to me. "I think we just go home." I whispered in fear knowing if he heard he would shit on my ass. And he did before annoyingly locking eyes with me.

He bit the inside of his cheek as his eyes scanned everywhere in front of him except me. "I don't know why I agree with you." He seemed genuine looking at me.

"I don't either!" I got up, disappointed.

"Oh, yeah. Of course!" He mumbled to himself.

The corner of his mouth lifted the second he saw I was starting to get annoyed. His foot remained on the skateboard and I, annoyed, tried to change the topic by just going around to push him off the skateboard so I could get on and start but his smile grew bigger as his head slowly followed me — he knew I was mad. Standing in front of me, ready, he raised his hands for support but instead I went for the shoulders. Clearly making it a bitch move and his smiled.