𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

chapter four.

"YOU think Fuckshit likes me?" I looked up from my pizza to look at Olivia, who fumbled with her straw as it sat in her milkshake.

I furrowed my brows at her, "Why wouldn't he like you? He likes everyone."

"But that's my points, he likes everyone." She huffed out, leaning back in her chair.

I glance at Estee, watching her roll her eyes, "Fuckshit is a tool, Liv, don't waste your time on him."

"Says the one who is messing around with a kid." Estee then shot Megan a look, who was munching on her fries, "If you can like children, Liv can like Fuckshit."

I tried to hold in my laugh as Estee retorted, "At least Stevie knows how to treat a girl and acts older than his age. Fuckshit is the one who's a child."

"What do you think, Drew?" Liv asked me, causing me to meet her eyes, "You think I would have a chance with Fuckshit?"

I froze, not knowing how to answer that. Fuckshit was literally the embodiment and definition of someone who is not ready to be with someone wholeheartedly. He just wants to live and if that means breaking your heart in the process, then he'll do it. I feel bad for him because he wasn't always like that.

I cleared my throat as my friends were now staring me down, waiting for an answer, "I, uh, I don't know."

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?" Estee questioned, "Whenever you're not with us, you're with them. And you grew up with Fuckshit."

"Yeah, but-" I paused. Liv was too nice to be in the same breathing air as Fuckshit. And even if she was, he wouldn't give her the time of day. He treats every girl like that and surprisingly that makes them want him more. I sighed, "Estee's right, he's not worth it."

Liv then frowned greatly by my answer as Estee smiled, "You see, told you."

"Oh shut it, Estee," Megan grunted, finishing off her fries before downing her Dr.Pepper. Our group then got quiet, causing me to silently eat the rest of my pizza.

"Oh my god!" Estee suddenly shrieked lowly, "Guys look, it's Vincent." We all turn our heads to see our classmate, Vincent, entering the food court with a couple of other kids I usually see in school.

"Wow, summer has been doing him great," Megan responded in awe, causing me now to take in his now tall figure and dirty blonde curls that hung slightly over his forehead.

I laughed to myself, about to sip on my milkshake until Liv hit my arm, "He's coming towards us."

I furrowed my brows, only to turn and meet his eyes briefly. Vincent, or Vinnie, was my next door neighbor up until 6th grade, when his dad got a good enough job to get a better house. He had four other siblings and no of them could fit in a two bedroom home anyways, though after they moved, Vinnie became entitled and feeling like he was better than us, causing me to not speak to him much.

He smiled once he reached our table, "Hey guys." All of them said hi back as I waved him. He looked at me, "Hey, Drew, how've you been?"

I wipe my hands clean on a napkin nearby, "Great, Vinnie, you?"

He shrugged, "Just going with the motion." I nodded simply at his evasive statement. He then looked around the group, "I'm throwing a party tomorrow night at my house, nothing too crazy- just a last day of summer kind of thing. You guys should come."

"Of course we'll come," Estee spoke for us all and I refrained from rolling my eyes as I went back to my shake.

"Will you be there, Drew?" I looked up again, before briefly looking at my friends, who all had their eyes wide open and directed at me..

I hesitantly hummed, "Yeah, I'll be there."

He smiled wider, "Can't wait." He then glanced back at his friends, "Hey, you still hang out with those guys at Motor, invite them too."

I nodded, "Okay, thanks." I tried to ignore his little joke to pretending not to know who Ray and my friends were, but it was slightly obvious when he let out a light chuckle with his friends shortly after.

"We'll catch you guys later," Vinnie then told us, still looking my way though, "Later, Drew."

I wave him off before he walks away with him group of friends, causing us to stay silent until they were completely out of sight. "I have to think of a cute outfit to wear now."

I laughed at Megan's statement before Estee spoke, "Now that is someone you should like, Liv."

"Too bad he's into Drew," I snapped my head over to Liv.

"What are you talking about?"

"He was all like 'how are you, Drew?', 'will you be at the party, Drew?'," Liv explained and I scoffed.

"Yeah, and all like 'later, Drew' and 'Drew, I want to put your lips on mine all day and night'," Estee joked along with Liv.

I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat, "He did not say all that."

"Trust me, he wanted to," Megan added, "It's obvious that he likes you. He always had."

I didn't respond to Megan, finishing off my food becfore looking at them, "I hope the guys come though."

"Of course they'll come," Estee laughed well if she were a hundred percent certain, "They never turn down a party."