Hi, Daddy. (Completed)

Hi, Daddy,

I miss you. Mum says everything is going to be okay, that you're happier now. That you're in a happier place where you don't have to deal with any pain. That must be nice. You won't have to worry about scraped knees or stubbed toes!

Mum has been crying a lot, she says she's fine. I'm not sure she is though, if she's fine why are her eyes always wet?

There's an empty spot where you used to sit at the dining room table. Mum also doesn't make as much food as she usually does. It's quiet during dinner. I miss your loud laugh and how it would make us all happy!

But now you're gone, daddy. And we miss you.

Mum says I get to see you when I'm older, but that it'll be quite a while before that happens. I want to see you again, daddy. I want you to lift me up and spin me around, even though you said I'm getting too big. I want you to give me cuddles and make my face all wet from your kisses! I want you to read me this book about Snickers the puppy right before bed! I want you to sing me to sleep again!

It makes me sad, daddy, to think I don't get to see you anymore. My friends have their daddies, why don't I get mine? 

Charissa doesn't understand, she cries at night for you. But you're not there to hear her. She screams at mummy, while throwing her legs and arms out. Mum says it's because she's so little and she doesn't realize you're gone. She says we have to be patient.

Mark is hardly ever home. When he is home, I hear him and mum yelling at each other about Mark being not responsible. He found me crying the other night and even though he was about to leave, he came in and gave me a big hug. You know those kind you used to give me, daddy?

He sat on my bed and hugged me close. I told him I missed you, and you know what? He misses you too. He says it's not our fault you're gone, that God just couldn't wait any longer to be with you. See, daddy, even God loves you a lot!

Mark said that even though he's seventeen and big, he'll always love me and that I can always talk to him. It's hard though, because he's gone a lot. But I like knowing he loves me still, even though him and mum don't get along too well.

Can you say hi to God for me, daddy? I hope you make lots of friends in heaven, but don't forget about us. Is there a nice big pool up there? And I bet you can eat all the candy you want without ever getting in trouble! Johnny, he's in my grade this year, says that in Heaven you never have to make your bed. Is that true?

I'm gonna go now, daddy. It's pizza night and I'm really hungry! I hope Mark comes home for dinner tonight, so we can all eat together like we did when you were here. 

I miss you, daddy.

Monica