𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

chapter five.

I stared down at my outfit with a smile until I heard a light snicker behind me, causing me to turn quick and see Ray leaning against my doorframe, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, it's just, I never seen you dressed like that before," He tells me, eyeing me cautiously.

I furrowed my brows, "What, you're saying I look stupid or something?" I turn to my mirror to look at my red plaid dress that I wore over a simple white t-shirt and my black low cut shoes. I didn't care what anyone said, I was not wearing flats.

"No, you look," I meet his eyes through the reflection, causing him to pause before looking down at his shoes, "You look good."

My dad took my brother with him to go visit our grandma this weekend. I was supposed to go with, but I played sick again, causing him to let me stay home, even though he wasn't happy about it at all.

"Just 'good'? I'm starting to feel insulted," I joked, "Estee made me get this yesterday after Vinnie invited us to the party. She wanted me to impress him."

"And do you?" Ray asked, causing me to glance back at him, "Do you want to impress him?"

I shrugged, "I honestly don't care about him. It's just they would kill me if I showed up in baggy jeans and a tee again."

He laughed again, but looked at me with a small smile, "Well I like you the way you are."

"Aw, thank you, Raymond," I grinned before we heard a honk outside my house, "That's Fuckshit, we should go."

He nodded and headed out first as I followed behind. When we get outside, I hear whistles from the car, having me shoot looks at Ruben and Fuckshit before they laughed, "Damn, Lava, you looking good."

I thank Fuckshit before glancing at the backseat, "Why'd you pick him up first?" I asked, hinting towards Ruben as I got on the passenger seat while Ray got in the back with Ruben and Fourth Grade.

"They came to my crib, I didn't go to them," He explained, "And Sunburn called and said he can't make it."

"Damn," I cursed lowly before we drove off and towards Vincent's new house.

"So like," Ruben began, leaning forward in the car to look me up and down, "Why are you dressed like that?"

I groaned, "Like what?"

"Bro, I don't fucking know," Ruben huffed out, "You just look different."

"She wants to look cute for Vincent," Ray answered and I turned in my seat fast.

"I do not," I argued, sending him a glare as he laughed, "Shut up."

"Oh hell no, you got a crush that piece of shit?" Fuckshit grimaced evidently, making a turn at the corner. It's like having six brothers instead of my original one.

"He used to be your neighbor, right?" Fourth then asked and I nodded.

"Yes, but I don't have a crush on him," I huffed out, "Now all of you stop talking about it." I slumped in my seat and Fuckshit turned on the radio to prevent further silence until we got to Vincent's.

I only been to his house once before this and that was when my mom was around. She would always talk about us going over and when we did, Vincent and I just stayed by his pool until it was time for me to leave. I didn't even see the whole house, seeing as the pool caught my attention since I didn't have one or anything he now had.