Part 1

Authors note: everything is in Stiles' POV unless noted differently. 

Dancing, music blasting, people too drunk that they couldn't help but spill their drink and fall over. I lost Scott and Isaac, so i walked outside for some fresh air. 

I kept thinking about Malia. My best friend, and the one i loved. But she didn't love me; she always talked about all of these guys, and how wonderful and attractive they are. Or how they broke her heart, and never cared enough to call. 

I never told her how i felt, i never felt like there was a right time too. But i promised myself that i would tell her, since she told me she was planning on hooking up with Jackson Whittemore tonight, and that's honestly the last thing i could want right now. 

I wrote my feelings down, and my thoughts over, and over, and over again. I could never seem to think of the right thing to say. And there i was, alone, in a dark ally, rehearsing these lines and talking to myself to make sure i get it all right. 

"Who're you talking to?" someone asked. A girl, no familiar voice, no familiar face.
"oh, uh no one." i looked at her, and stuffed the crinkled piece of paper into my pocket.
"but you were talking." 
"well, no. i mean yeah." i felt a bit embarrassed that someone heard me talking to myself, even if she was a stranger. 
"So you were talking to yourself?" she asked. she walked a little closer, and leaned against the wall. I could finally see what she looked like. She had long, strawberry-blonde hair that flowed so perfectly, and her skin was a soft pale color. She seemed like someone who was very put together. "So what's your name?"
"Stiles. Stilinski." i said, still slightly pacing back and forth. 
"I'm Lydia." 
"Olivia? okay, nice."
"No, Lydia." 
"Oh, well Lydia is great too." I probably just ruined a new friendship, i thought to myself. 
"It's cool Stilinski. So why aren't you inside the party?" she hugged her knees.
"My friend Malia is planning on hooking up with some guy, and i don't want to witness any part of that." 

Plus i was still figuring out how to talk to her. "why aren't you inside?" i asked back, trying to keep the conversation going.
"i lost my friends. well, they're not really my friends, more like whores. or at least whorish." she stood back up and paced back and forth like i was. 
"So who's Malia? Do you like her?"
"I'm in love with her." i uncomfortably attmited. " She's hooking up with Jackson Whittemore tonight, and i'm trying to figure out how to tell her how i feel."
"My friend hooked up with Jackson once. He's ripped." She leaned against the wall.
"Yes, well thanks that wasn't very helpful." i pointed out with slight irritablility and stress in my voice.

{Sorry it's short, i'm just so lazy. -morgan}