{1}

tooru oikawa x reader
created 08.16.20 [mm.dd.yy]
published 08.17.20 [mm.dd.yy]

It was a slightly rainy day. 'The perfect day for a walk' you thought as you slipped a fluffy hoodie over your head. You walked to the door and slipped on your high-tops, grabbing your umbrella off the rack at the same time.

The umbrella is a teal blue. It reminded you of the main color your old highschool used. 'Ah, I miss those days, watching the volleyball club practice. Damn, too bad they never went to Nationals. Fucking Shitatorizawa' your thoughts consumed your head as you walked down the cracked sidewalk.

Recently, you move to Argentina to persue in your dream job, banking. It payed good money and you got to enjoy everything that the place had to offer. And even though you loved volleyball, you never had time to watch matches that played on the television at home.

While consumed in your thoughts, you ran into someone. "Oof..." you let out in sync with the other person. You felt yourself falling and closed your eyes, prepared for impact. Though, it never came. You opened your eyes to a strange sight. A strangely familisr male in a volleyball uniform. You tilted your head in confusion before shaking it off.

"I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, miss!" the male started as he pulled you fully to your feet. "I was just in a rush home! You see, I had a long day at practice today an-" "It's fine!" you say, laughing it off. His eyes widened, then he smiled.

"Oikawa Tooru at your service! I'll buy you dinner sometime to make it up for losing your umbrella!" your eyes widened. Both at the fact you lost your umbrella without realizing, and because this was THE Oikawa Tooru. The most popular boy from highschool. Though, he was also your best friend back then. "T-tooru?!" you shouted in confusion. "Wh-"

"(l/n) (f/n)! Remember me?!" you shouted at him. His eyes also widened. Tooru took you into a large embrace, whispering about how he was sorry he cut off contact and how he missed you. So, there you two were. Hugging on the sidewalk as you were both getting soaked by the rain.

A while later, you both went your own ways after exchanging phone numbers. And yes, he did end up buying you dinner. Though, it wouldn't really be called that. It was more like a date than just 'buying dinner'.

'God, I love this man so much...' you thought as he rambled on about aliens, his job, and highschool memories.