Thunderstorm

A/N! Ah yes, one of the classic fanfic tropes, of course you'd see this here aha. But anyways the premise is basically Mary calming Ririka over a storm <3

Warnings? None for this chapter!

Told through Mary's POV^^
-

Ririka Momobami...

A strange woman.

It had been three years after we'd graduated, and now we were roommates. Life was decently simple, but luckily it was our own. Ririka didn't really contact Kirari anymore, and the academy was something we didn't often like to think of.

She stopped wearing the mask for the most part, it would only be in certain public situations and never at the house unless I had someone over she didn't know.

I didn't mind. I let her do what she wanted as long as it was off around me. I was glad that she's come this far, she went from wearing it all the time to nearly never at all. I was proud of her, in a way. Of course I wouldn't say that necessarily, but I was.

"Ririka, I'm home!" I hung my jacket up and stepped inside, yawning. I heard a faint voice say something from another room but I couldn't make out what it was. I walked into the kitchen to get a snack after not eating most of the day.

"I was planning to make spaghetti, but ehm.. I got a bit side tracked.." Ririka had walked in.

I'd be lying if I did say she didn't look... adorable.

She had on a baby blue sweater and black leggings. Her hair was in low ponytails and was in the front and she had blue lollipop earrings. She smiled nervously at me.

"You l.. why were you sidetracked?" I stopped mid-sentence.

"Weather alert.. on my phone.." she answered.

"Oh? And?"
"There's supposed to be a really bad storm tonight, I guess I-I was caught up preparing, that's all." She looked at me funny.

"Oh, I mean, okay. You don't have to make anything anyways, I'll get something."

She nodded and walked into the living room as I got a quick snack to satisfy me until I was ready to make something myself.

A couple hours later.

By now I could hear gentle rain from outside, it was night and I assumed that the storm had begun. I sighed and skimmed through Netflix looking for something to watch. I assumed Ririka was in the bedroom reading or gaming.

I ended up watching a few episodes of criminal minds when I heard loud thunder and the power went out. I flinched. Great.

I could hear a scream from across the apartment, and I instantly made my way to Ririka.

"Hey, hey, I'm here! I'm here."

I could hear soft sounds. Sobs maybe? I felt something soft in my arms as she wrapped hers around me quickly.

"Uuu- h-hey! A bit personal!" I held onto her.

"I'm sorry Mary.." she apologized, I swear she was crying.

"Don't sweat it okay? Just- let's go out into the living room, there's candles in there that we can light, and blankets." I stroked her hair somewhat, it was down now. She nodded and gripped my arm while we walked there, I could still hear the thunder and see the apartment light up sometimes at the lightning.

We ended up lighting a few candles and curling up in a big blanket while we talked to get her mind off the storm. And temporary power outage.

"So, you're scared of storms aren't you?" I asked her.

"Yeah.. I always have been really."
"I'm not really surprised."
"I didn't think you would be."
"Really?"
"I honestly thought you'd think I was a coward.. or.. or something."

I frowned. "Hey, Ririka.. you're not a coward.. I-I mean.. don't take this as me being sappy I just- I have to let you know that you're not alone."

"Really?" Her eyes flickered in the candle light (or the candle flickered and I'm just really gay for miss Momobami)

"I mean- yeah. I was scared of them for a while honestly, up until recently I'd try to sleep out any storm so I wasn't terrified. It sounds stupid but I mean, it's almost human nature right? I don't think anyone LIKES it."

She just smiled, and then looked down. Before I could ask what was up she quickly cuddled up to me, giving me a hug.

"Thank you, Saotome..."
I froze, and then wrapped my arms around her.

The thunder stopped.

"You're welcome and... it's Mary."

I cuddled her a bit tighter, and we laughed a bit as the power came on, but as she went to move I pulled her into it again. She giggled.

For the rest of the night we slept on the couch watching Netflix and cuddling.

I guess could get used to thunderstorms.