1.

"Girl I'm surprised you were able to come out of the house today." My best friend Janelle said as she applied more lipgloss.

"Yeah I know. Sucks being 17 with strict rules." I joked.

If only she knew.

"Your mom doesn't let you do anything."

I exhaled deeply. "I know. It's like..." I paused. "I don't know, but I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay. So what about the new boy in 6th period. He's fine as hell." Janelle smiled.

"Not my type. Plus I refuse to talk to someone if they have everyone's attention."

"You have always been so weird. You need to get you a man. Better yet double date with me."

"No, I can't." I laughed.

"Oh I forgot, you are still messing with Ty'rell." She smiled.

"Of course I am. That's my man. Period." I laughed.

My phone vibrated.

Mom:
Get your ass home now. We need to talk and you bet not be 15 minutes later Paris. You done fucked up.
Received 5:32pm

"Hey I have to go. My mom just texted me." I stood up and grabbed my belongings.

Janelle stood up and hugged me. "I love you. Text me later."

"I love you more." I smiled.

On my way. Be there in about 5 minutes.
Sent 5:35pm

My name is Paris Ford. I'm 17 years old. My mom, Alicia, is white and my real dad, Marcus, is black. I have two younger sisters named Italy and Austria.

Mom hates my guts.

She takes the divorce between my dad and her, out on me.

It wasn't my fault.

Since then she has remarried to Scott, and that's how my sisters came along.

I feel like a prisoner in my own home.

I opened the front door and instantly felt a sting across my face.

I fell down to the ground from the force. "You dirty little slut you. How dare you?"

"I..."

*SMACK*

"Shut the hell up. Did I tell you to open your mouth and speak? No. Get your ass upstairs to your room." Mom fussed.

My sisters were always excited to see me, but today I couldn't bare to make eye contact with them, knowing my mom was in an attacking mood.

I had no idea what I did wrong.

I ran past my sisters and our dog and into my room

"So you care to explain this?" Mom yelled as she held a pregnancy test to my face.

I had the test hidden in one of my purses in the bottom of the closet.

Clearly there's no privacy.

"Why are you going through my things?" I asked.

*SMACK*

"Bitch, you are 17. You don't have the right to ask me no gotdamn questions in my house. I tell you what, I'm not going to make you have an abortion. But you are about to see what it's like to do it all by yourself." She laughed. "Don't update me on shit. I don't give a fuck about that worthless baby you are carrying."

Mom slammed my door.

I held the bear that Ty'rell won at the fair and cried.

I hated my life.

Ty'rell and I have been saving up to get our own place, but it's not as easy as we thought.

His mom is old school, so I can't move in with him. I can only visit until 9pm.

I've been waiting to get a response from my dad. I found him on Facebook and reached out. He read the message but never replied.

I guess I'm just stuck here.

I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

¥¥

"Paris. Paris. Wake up." Italy said as she shook me. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes." I said as I raised up to stretch.

"Mom cooked, but she didn't save you any. I snuck you a plate. Eat fast. She's in the backyard smoking and drinking with dad."

"Thank you."

"I'm sorry she treats you like this."

"No baby, don't be sorry. It's not your fault." I said as I took a bite. "These things happen. We may not understand it, but all we can do is hope for the best." I smiled as I continued eating.

"I heard you're pregnant."

"Yes I am." I smiled.

"I hope you have a girl."

"Well it's too soon, but when I find out, I will tell you soon as I do."

"If you're still hungry...."

"No, it's okay. Take this before she comes in here and fusses at you."

"Can I ask you something?" Italy asked with a sad look on her face.

"Sure. What's up?" I asked.

"What happened the other night? I saw dad come in your room while it was dark and I heard you tell him to stop. Did he hurt you?"

Flashback

"Please Scott. Stop. I'm begging you. I'll do anything. I'm sorry." I cried.

But it was no use. My drunken step father did what he has been doing for the last 5 months of my life.

Scott proceeded to cover my mouth and shoved his dick roughly inside of me.

Flashback Over

"No sweetie. Everything is okay. I was disobedient. That's all." I forced a smile out.

"I don't believe you."

"I know. Just go back in there. I don't want you in trouble for talking to me. I love you."

"I love you too Paris."

I pulled my phone out and texted Ty'rell.

They know.
Sent 8:30pm

Ty'rell:
How did it go?
Received 8:31pm

Horribly. I'll talk to you at school tomorrow. I love you.
Sent 8:32pm

Ty'rell:
I love you
Received 8:33pm

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

😘