Part one

"No!" I screamed as I saw him fall to the floor, the blinding green light that killed him was still echoing in my eyes. "No-" I sobbed, sinking to the floor. I laid by his cold body and wept, "Marie?" A voice asked, I picked my aching head up looking for the source of the voice. My jaw dropped. There, in front of me, was Justin's ghost smiling weakly at me. "You came back." I whispered, "I wasn't ready to let go." He told me in a soft voice, I put my hand by his ice cold opaque one, shivering I grabbed it to find my hand slide away. "Why?" I asked, anger that came out of no where was now boiling inside of me. "WHY?!" I shout at his limp floating figure, tears rolling down my cheeks, then I collapse.

***

"Ms. Narine!" Professor Trelawney shouts, I look up at her quizzically? Remembering that I'm in divination I groan. Tracing my lightning scar with my finger, I smile ever so slightly. I, like Harry Potter, was attacked. Only I by Voldemort's daughter, who rose to power taking his place and killed my father. My mother survived, barely, now living in St. Mungo's. Just like Potter I inherited a lightning scar. The teacher and class all have their eyes on me, I wink at my friend, and smile up at the teacher. "Yes Professor?" I ask in a sickeningly sweet voice, she looks at me, "My dear, you have the grim!" She shouts at my teacup, I roll my eyes and groan. "Of course I do, when Voldemort's-" a large gasp spreads throughout the room, "oh god don't tell me you're still scared of saying his name?" I say, a Griffindor in the back shouts "I'm not afraid!" I look at her and give her the death stare, "yes because no Griffindor is scared of anything." She grins broadly and I continue "but you are a pathetic little attention seeker now get out of my face." I see her scowl and turn back to professor. "So I have the grim." I exclaim, I smile deviously, "oh wait didn't potter have the grim too?" Everyone holds their breath, they know I'm going to sass the teacher, like always. "Well Ms. Narine-" "NO! I'm sick of you being a fraud! You may get a few things right here and there, but seriously? YOU SAY EVERYONE GETS THE GRIM!" I scream at her. By now I'm flushed and strands of wavy dark red hair are coming out of my messy bun. I graph my bag and my olive and Phoenix feather wand (using the pack up spell) and storm out.
"Ms. Narine, what are you doing out here?" Professor Sprout calls from inside the common room. Professor Sprout sadly doesn't teach Herbology anymore, Professor Longbottom does. "Trelawney." I say she smiled and nods. She understands the fact that she's a crazy teacher, "I'd like to start ancient runes." I tell her, she smiles, "I'm sure that Professor Maroon would be happy to have you." I smile and start my potions homework.

"Now class we have a new student." Professor Maroon says happily, "everyone welcome Ms. Katala Narine!" He finishes, I smile weakly and make a little wave. A few people in class look up at me, "hi!" A happy Rose Weasley shouts from in the back. I shuffle over and plop down next to her. "Katala, I see you too quit divination." She says grimly. I nod. "She's crazy I don't blame you." She tells me as we open our books. "First thing I want you to do is search the ancient German runes in the board, first one to translate the paragraph gets a free period pass from your least favourite class." Smiling with a wink Professor Maroon turns around and with the flick of his wand the paragraph in runes covers the board.

"I see we have a tie!" Professor babbles happily gesturing towards Rose and I, who now are doing our charms homework. Every one turns to look at us, "Of course Rose was finished first, but newbie?" A pale faced dark haired Slytherin sneers in our direction, I look at her and smirk. The teacher writes up a parchment reading how we have a free pass for a week to any class we like. Rose and I grin at each other and head back to our seats. "God it's nice having another top of the class student with me." She told me, "I'm a Griffindor and the hat seriously considered me a Ravenclaw but then it realised who my parents were..." Smiling weakly I mumbled "I was supposed to be a Ravenclaw too but... I'm a Hufflepuff..." She looked at me and smiled, "don't think that's a bad thing." "Thanks rose." We started on potions and I told her how crushing the berries with the blade rather than slicing it is better for the potion and so on. I had found an old potion book in the room of requirement in my first year, ever since I've been using it. Whoever you are, you're a life saver.

In the great hall Headmaster McGonagall said something like RUN! Dark wizards were in the castle. As she lead us to safety I was swiped from in the crowd and felt a gloved hand cover my mouth, I didn't struggle or anything, I knew better. After they were gone the person cast a invisibility charm on me and snuck out of the castle. Once we were a good distance my kidnapper apparated. We were in a shabby little house and I saw a very decayed body on the floor. It seemed to be a man, "Justin Narine." The voice said nudging at the decaying body. A rush of emotion and realisation washed over me, this was the house where my father was murdered and my mother was tortured. Scared I started to back away, "back up all you want, it's still there." The person told me, the smell of death was tingling in my nose and I was starting to panic. "Calm down sis-" "WHAT?!" I roared, the voice turned on the light and lowered their hood. All I could do was scream.