YAKAP

"Finally!!! Done with 4 shifts!" Adrian sighed heavily as he walked towards the parking lot. His good old red Chevy is waiting for him under the heat of the California sun. Summer breeze after a 12 hour shift just feels so right. "I am at last off for 3 days!" He threw his duffle bag in the passenger seat and gulped his last Gatorade drink.

Adrian Ledesma is an ICU nurse in a busy hospital in San Diego, California. He has been working there for a couple of years now. Standing 5 foot 9, well-built muscle tone, classic crew cut hair, brown eyes behind those Oakley eyeglasses, chiseled nose and red kissable lips. He could be mistaken as a model with his physique. Mornings in the ICU is nerve-wrecking. Ventilators beeping. IV's everywhere. Doctors giving non-stop orders. The works! Well, i can just go home and relax now. No hospital stuff for 3days And, in a week's time is his much-awaited weeklong vacation. "I wonder where to go this time," he thought to himself as he started his vintage Chevrolet.

Last year, he was in Spain. He fell in love with the La Sagrada Familia with a very beautiful love story behind it. Plus the food. I wish i could have Paella over and over again. Just the thought of it made his stomach grumble. It's half past 8. Over due, as he would always tell his colleagues. His shift ends at 7pm after 12hrs of work but sometimes, they would have emergency meetings that is why he left the hospital later than usual. I would love to go back. His thoughts were interrupted by a beep from his cellphone. He tried to grabbed for it while focusing on the road.

He reached for his phone and saw Elize's text message. Elize is his fiancee of 4years. They are about to get married in December. "Call me when you get home." Ohhhkaayyy... Adrian shrugged under his breath.

*****************************************************************************************************

Code blue Medical Ward 3! Code blue Medical Ward 3! The overhead announcement got everyone on their feet. Bea was one of them. As a nurse supervisor on duty, she heads to the Medical Ward with the Code Blue team.

360 joules! Clear! This is just one of those days for Bea. Like what she always tell her staff, every shift is different. Luckily, the old man in the ward was revived and was transferred to the intensive care unit. Now, she has to do her paperworks before her shift ends.

Maria Bettina Ocampo made her way to the top as a supervisor in one of New York City's large hospital through dedication and passion. She is highly recommended by her superiors and colleagues. Well-respected and well-loved by everyone in the hospital because of her jolly attitude and good camaraderie.

It's quarter to 7 in the evening. She needs to get home soon and pick up dinner for her and Tommy. Tommy is her 6 year old son. A sitter comes in once in a while to look after her young boy. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and dialled their home phone number.

A girl's voice picked up the call. "Hello?"

"Hi Ana! It's Bea. How are you and Tommy?" There was a short pause at the other end of the line. Mommy!!!!! She heard Tommy's voice on the other end. "Hi sweetheart! How are you?"

"We're playing! And we also did crafts and i drew a big heart for you, Mommy! Are you coming home now?" Tommy asked.

Bea smiled. " i will in a few minutes but i will pick up food first. Are you hungry? Im starving!"

"I want sushi!!!!!" exclaimed Tommy.

"Ok. Sushi for dinner! See you later! I love you!", she hang up.

******************************************************************************************************

Adrian had a good shower when he came home. HIs usual routine after work. He opened his laptop on the kitchen counter while preparing himself some coffee and pasta. He is a coffee addict since he moved in California that even if he drinks 2-3 cups after his shift, he would still be able to fall asleep easily.