The Letter

Key stuff:

(Y/N) - Your Name

(L/N) - Last Name

(H/C) - Hair color

(H/L) - Hair length

(E/C) - Eye color

Btw the girl is automatically a pale chick due to me unable to write certain scenes without describing her skin color. You'll understand when some stuff happens in later books. I am just defaulting to this you do not have to read as such yourself. I hope you enjoy regardless!

**********************************************************************

   My eyes fluttered open to the beaming light coming out between my curtains. I rubbed my face and sat up in my canopy bed. I look over and see my personal house elf pulling the sheer white curtains to the hooks to keep it opened.

 " Good morning Miss Haven." my house elf Phoebe gently said to me.

 " Good morning Phoebe." I yawned.

   I watched as she claimed my laundry basket and walked out of my room. I am still surprised that most the elves my parents have are ones that wanted to be here. They aren't imprisoned like most elves in purebloods' houses. They could leave whenever, they just don't.

  I pull the covers off my torso and legs. Hopping off my bed, I walk over to my closet. I grab a plain grey t-shirt off a hanger and a pair of jean pants from my dresser. I untangle my (H/C) hair with a brush from my nightstand.

  After taming my rat nest, I run downstairs into the kitchen. My mother was there at the stove making fried eggs. Father was reading the Daily Prophet while sipping away at coffee. I sat down at the end of the table. In front of me laid a plain bagel with cream cheese inside, two fried eggs, and a glass of orange juice. I begin to dig in when mom sets down her food as well.

" Thanks mom! This has to be one of your best breakfasts yet!!" I excitedly said.

  She smiles," Thank you honey. Oh! Do you mind getting the mail from yesterday? It should be still inside the mailbox."

 " Okie dokie, will do." I say standing up and sliding my chair in. I walk to the front door, stepping outside to grab the mail inside the box attached to the wall beside the door. The stack now in my hand, I went back inside the house setting it down by my mom. I sit back down to continued back to eating my eggs. She flips through the pieces of mail and stops. A big grin appears on her face. Mom pulls out a letter  with green inked lettering. It was addressed to me. I am handed the letter. I look at seal with a big capitalized h on it. I carefully open it and pull the piece of tri-folded paper out.

                                        HOGWARTS SCHOOL

                            of  WITCHCRAFT and  WIZARDRY

                           Headmaster:    Albus   Dumbledore

        (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Haven,

  We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 

  Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,  

Deputy Headmistress

  My jaw dropped. I started waving my letter to my parents and screamed, " I GOT MY LETTER!!!"

 " I knew you would soon get yours darling." My father stated putting down the newspaper and smiling wide.

  Mom put her hands together, her fingers barely touching her lips and excitedly said," Guess we have shopping to do soon! And don't forget to send a letter to your brother about the news. He'll want to know you got in."

  I set the envelope and letter down. I begin to walk fast up the stairs to my bedroom. I shuffled through my desk drawer for paper, a quill, and my square-ish ink bottle. I dip the quill in the ink and begin to write.

Dear Elixander,

I have exciting news! I have received my acceptance letter from Hogwarts! I hope you get letter before I leave for school so you can wave me off. I miss you so much. Please come home if you can.

Love Your Sister,

(Y/N) Haven

  I seal the letter with our crest wax stamp and hand it to our owl Benny, the name I unfortunately named our barn owl when I was four. I open the window doors and just watch him climb off his perch to the edge of the sill. 

 " Give to Eli, okay Benny?" I tell the owl as his piercing eyes watch me. He streches his wings and flies out the opened window. I close the doors to the window and latch the lock. I hoped my brother would get the letter before I left for school. It has been months since he left home.If I didn't see him soon, I wouldn't see him till Christmas. I just know he wants to help send me off. At least I hope he did..

[ I think I did well with this since it has been a while since I wrote a fanfic and I am glad I redone this specific fanfiction. I figured as a why to get into writing again I should start with something I know. Also I wrote this on my computer, so mobile users beware lol. Also I did edit the cover myself though it cut off the part where it has my name on it. So hello my name is Lynn. I'm nonbinary. I am pursuing to be a writer and have a original story I started at 16 and still have yet to finish, BUT I do want to write a story for those like me. Someone who identifies as nonbinary. If you want that please either comment here or on my community tab on profile. I appreciate and love all of you.]

Author Out.