Chapter 1: The Broken

The red shards fell. It all fell. All those words Ugarth had written, everything. All that time he had caught up with Ugarth's life, gone. He would never read another word. And it was all Br'aad's fault.

Well, that sounded like a problem for Sylnan. To be quite honest, that dark presence inside of the now-illertate half-elf had it much worse. The amount of power he had lost with that falter in the mind of the man he inhabited. When his stupid hand reached into his pocket and pulled out that crystal. When the other half-elf crushed it into shards.

That ear splitting headache that was crawling inside of Sylnan's head was not a headache at all. It was the demon, ripping across Sylnan's mind, trying to keep all the power he had lost. It all was gone. His bones from another plane felt as though they had all snapped in two then were put back together several times over.

It was all Br'aad's fault. He watched through Sylnan's eyes as he flipped through the pages of that stupid book he could no longer read. That other half-elf would get what he deserved.

The demon, even powered down, had the power to bend Sylnan's emotions to his will. Especially with the state he was in. So he pulled a few strings and Sylnan said a few things.

Then there was blood on the ground. Then there was more and more blood. Then more and more.

It all went dark almost as quickly as when it all went red. He hoped Br'aad felt every single slash he had urged Sylnan to do. He hoped every bone that had snapped would make Br'aad feel all the pain that had befallen him.

It was all Br'aad's fault, after all.