SWU/ 1

Y/n POV

The moving guy dropped the last box on the floor to which I internally cringed. 

"Oh, shit" He looked and saw the word, "FRAGILE" written in big bold letters on the box. 

He gave me an apologetic look I inhaled sharply and gave him a fake smile. 

"Thank you for your help," I said hoping he'd get the hint to just get the fuck out. 

He nodded and I saw him out to the door. Right when he exited my apartment the door open right across from mine. 

Out walked a blonde lady with the prettiest blue eyes and dressed in a neat ironed striped shirt an black slacks. She had a face mask, and gloves on. Probably a germophobe. 

We made eye contact and she warmly smiled which I returned a wave. Behind her was a lanky man with dark circles underneath his eyes. He had a nice short wavy but frizzy hair.

Probably a couple. Either way, none of my concern. I closed the door just as he looked my way. I locked it and begin to unpack. 

After 4 hours of unpacking my boxes and setting everything up, I plopped down on my couch.

I started looking at places to get food in the area since Covid-19 had shut down a lot of businesses in the states. 

I saw this pizza place and they looked like they had good food and a nice selection to pick from.

I decided on that and got my keys, face mask, and slid my shoes on. I opened the door and immediately saw the folded piece of paper on the floor. 

I picked it up and leaned against my doorway as I unfolded it. 

Hello, I live right across from you in apartment 136. I know you might initially find this as weird, your neighbor introducing himself through a letter and not in person. My name is Spencer Reid and I have CFRD, Cystic Fibrosis-Related Diabetes. I'm just writing this as a heads up to let you know that I cannot engage in normal social interactions. This is also a heads up so you won't be afraid of my appearance and to restrain the urge to come closer than 5 feet to introduce yourself. I made this brief as I imagine you have better things to do than to hear about your sick neighbor. I hope that you respect my wishes, and have a good day. 

Sincerely, Spencer :)

The first thing I noticed was his neat yet childish calligraphy. I've never heard of Cystic Fibrosis at all. I folded the note back up and put it in my pocket. 

After getting my pizza and I came back home and sat on my couch eating the pizza still thinking that letter. 

I took another bite of my pizza before putting it down on the plate. I wiped my hands together to dust off the crumbs. I went in my room and searched it for some paper and a pen. Which I had it I went back to the living room and sat down on the floor to be level with my coffee table as I used that as a desk. 

Right when I was about to start writing I had a realization that made me drop the pen. 

"I'm such a dumbass" I went into my bathroom and scrubbed my hands up to my elbows clean with soap for at least a minute. I grabbed my can of lysol and went back to the coffee table. I sprayed a thin layer of the antibacterial chemicals on the paper and pen to sanitize it. 

I don't know what CFRD is but since it obviously restricted him from engaging in social interactions I wanted to be sanitary on my end. 

The last thing I wanted to do was kill my neighbor within a day of moving to my new apartment. 

I knelt back down on the floor and began to write, 

Hi Spencer, this is y/n. I live in apartment 135- 

Scrap. 

Dumbass, he knows where we live obviously. 

Wassup spencer this y/-

Scrap, because ew.

Hello Spencer, this is y/n. I'm your neighbor writing back in regards to your letter. I'm not sure what CFRD is and will do my research on it. Just in case I sanitized the paper, pen, and my hands to prevent triggering anything. I wish you a speedy recover from that. Fuck- I just realized how shitty that sounds. I'm sorry for that!! I promise I'm not this dense on a daily-basis. Have a good night or day, whenever you come across this letter 

Sincerely, Y/n <3

I sighed as I reread it. I sound like a dumbass. I folded the paper up until I remembered the fact he apologized for his appearance. Then I remembered earlier, right when he looked my way I closed the door. 

I slapped my hand across my mouth, I fucking hurt his feelings. 

He probably thought I was repulsed by his appearance and that's why I closed the door so fast. I'm such a DUMBASS. 

P.s You don't have to apologize for your appearance at all and I could spend the day hearing about you!!!

I hope that didn't seem as creepy as it looked. I folded the paper back up and walked out of my apartment. I placed it in front of his door hoping that no one would nosily take it or read it. I turned around about to go back in my apartment when I heard the creak of a door behind me. I flinched and turned around to see the man from earlier, Spencer peaked out his doorway with a face mask on. 

"I'm sorry to startle you I just heard someone in front of my door" He spoke, his voice sounded so innocent and pure like a child. I mentally awed at his voice.

"No need to apologize, I'm y/n I just moved in and I got your letter and wrote back" I said as I leaned against my own doorway. Spencer fully appeared in the doorway and I immediately felt the urge to just hold him in my arms. 

He was frail-looking, tall, and frankly looked tired. He was dressed in a long sleeve that looked a bit big on him, pajama pants, and white socks. His hands were hidden by gloves. The frizzy hair was now pulled back into a ponytail. He also wore black rimmed glasses that complimented his eyes.

"Oh ok cool, if you have any questions about my condition then don't hesitate to ask" Spencer said warmly. 

"Of course, well have a goodnight spencer" 

"Same to you y/n" 

~
~
~
I hope this shit doesn't suck and that you guys enjoy it. 

:)