intro

Sophie sat on her bed, reading a book Biana had lent to her from Alden's vast library. Her iPod was lying next to her with the speaker playing low volume pop music, with Iggy nestled into the blanket against her thigh. The sunset streaming through the windows, the soft music and snoring from Iggy made an incredibly tranquil scene, with Sophie in the middle of it, her blonde hair falling on her pillow.

She finished a chapter in her book and slipped a bookmark in between the pages. She grabbed her imparter from her nightstand, pondering calling Biana, then changed her mind.

BIANA'S POV

Hey.

A soft voice filled her head, and Biana almost jumped. She was drinking lushberry juice in the smallest dining room in Everglen, the one that her family rarely visits.

Hi Sophie!

Biana! I wasn't sure if I could reach you! I wanted to see if I could come over?

Biana was thinking, thinking about how Sophie asked her instead of Fitz, thinking about how she wasn't normal, how Sophie made her feel. She pushed her thoughts down, shoving them into the smallest crevices of her mind.

Yeah! Probably, I'll ask my mom! I'll be right back.

Okay! Call me when you get an answer.

Biana felt the connection sunder. She stood up and left the table, walking the path to her mother's office, stepping into Fitz's room. "Hey, Sophie is coming over if Mom says she can." Fitz jumped at the voice, sighing when he saw Biana in his doorway. "Okay. Want me to invite Keefe or Dex?" Biana shrugged. "If you want. We can play base quest, but Sophie might not want to."

After Biana stepped out of the boy's bedroom and continued walking down the hall, she chuckled, thinking about how they were planning what games they would play when she's not even sure if Sophie can come over. Biana poked her head into her mother's office. Della appeared to be reading a book while taking notes on a separate sheet of paper. "Hey, Mom? Can Sophie and the boys come over?" "Of course!" her mother smiled. "Just don't make a mess dear, you know how your father is." Della laughed.

SOPHIE'S POV

Sophie had been waiting for about 15 minutes, but after about 3, she picked up her book and started reading again, stroking Iggy's frizzy yellow fur. Her Imparter suddenly started ringing, and both Iggy and Sophie were surprised by the sudden noise. Sophie picked it up, and Biana's shockingly perfect face filled the screen, her chocolate hair falling down her shoulders, and Sophie could see the softness of it even through the small screen. Freckles littered her nose, and her eyes glinted. Sophie suddenly realized she was staring and that no one had said anything.

"Hi, Biana! What did your mom say?" she said, trying to brush the painfully long silence off. "Um, yeah! She said yes! Keefe and Dex might be coming, is that okay?" Biana smiled awkwardly. "Of course! We can play base quest if you want." Biana nodded, waving. "See you soon!" she said, Biana being the one to sever the connection this time.

Sophie was in the middle of waving when Biana hung up, sighing when her perfect face disappeared. Sophie wished she didn't think things like that. Sophie wished that Biana's face wasn't so overwhelmingly good looking, and that talking to Biana didn't make her cheeks hot, and that her bright, teal eyes didn't make her heart go crazy.

It hurts not to be normal. It hurts to know no matter what world you're in. People hate you. People hate love. It burnt her heart, singed the edges of her love, made her feel so wrong and insane. Knowing that no one would love her back, no one that SHE loved would love her back. But she pushed these feelings away, not deep down but to the side, so other thoughts and feelings could take its place.

Sophie walked over to Vertina, waving and asking what she should do with her hair. After getting dressed in a red tunic with sheer sleeves and panels. She wove flowers into her braid, hating that she wanted to look good for Biana. She waved to Edaline, cutting some long blue fruit with the gnomes teaching her how to do it. Sophie stepped outside, holding the Imparter to the sun. "Everglen!"

a/n: 740 words! ill try to do closer to 1000 in coming chapters, but this one is more of an intro. tell me if you guys like this story so far!