What's going on?

After seven long hours of suffering, I was finally able to break free of my chains and go home. As I was heading to the buses, I spotted my best friend, Taris. She's like a sister to me. I immediately tackle-hugged her. "Hey, Taris! Wanna have a sleepover?!", I asked eagerly. "Really? That's what you tackled me for? And yes! We haven't had one in forever!", she responded. "One, yep. Two, my house, Sunday, five-o'clock.", I say as I get on the bus.

                                     ~Time Skip 'til sleepover~

      "Taris!", I say as I tackle-hug her, again. "StAhP.", she said. "Mmmmmm no.", I said right before she sighed. "...soooo, ATLA marathon?", I suggest. "Heck yes!". I'm pretty sure the only thing my parents saw was a dark blur headed for my room. "Anna!", my mom yelled at me from the living room. "Yes?", I groan in annoyance while shuffling my way to my parents. "We're going to drop-off Ben at Mawmaw's house and pick up food. What'd y'all want?", my mother questioned. Taris and I glanced at each other and simultaneously shouted "CANE'S!".

      After my parents and energetic little brother left, we started heading back to my room. "Wait, I'm gonna go get the switch", "What'cha gonna play? Mario Kart?" Taris asked. "Yep. You know me so well.", I state as I walk out the door, towards the switch's charging station in the living room, only to find that is gone. Maybe it's in dad's room. I freeze as I see pure deliciousness resting on the island/counter thingy. Double-stuffed Oreos, waffle cones, sprinkles, and... cheesecake. "...CHEESECAKE!!", I shout. "I heard cheesecake!" I hear as Taris dashes in the room. "YAS!" she yells.

      "What's that?" Taris said, pointing at something behind me as we stuff our faces with sugar. I glance behind me, then face her again while shoveling sprinkles in my mouth via waffle cone. "The fridge?". "No, behind it. Something shined.". "...You've peaked my interest. Help me move the fridge" I demand out of curiosity.

      After a few crushed toes and a couple of broken noses, we were able to move the fridge and finally find out what could possibly shine from behind the fridge. It was a silver handle meant to open a small door covered in wallpaper. "Really? Wallpaper? Who uses wallpaper anymore? We've got sheetrock." I questioned. Taris responded by shrugging her shoulders. "Well, wanna see what's behind the door?" asked Taris. "One." We looked at each other. "Two." We grabbed the handle. "Three." Together, we yanked the door open. I expected there to be more dust, but the cavity was clean. "Guess this was opened recently, but why would somebody go through this much trouble to keep a notebook secret? An extremely personal diary, maybe?" I wondered. "I got nothin'." said the ever-so-helpful Taris.

      *Ding*. My phone? As soon as I started reading the text, I realized my parents are almost home. "What's wrong?". "My parents are almost here!". We rush to hide the book in my room and get the fridge back in place, and just in time, too.

                                                       ~Later that night~

      While watching ATLA, I couldn't stay focused. My attention would constantly swap between the show and the notebook. Who's journal is it? And what's so important that it needs to be hidden in the walls?