Sunny

My name is Sunny. I was born and raised in the heart of West Philly. Where the drugs, gangs, pimps, and cops are everywhere. But hey, you get use to it. I try so hard to make a difference for my siblings. Zane, May and Kay to show them that you don't have to end up like them. I save my money every time I get some. Saving to get the hell out. You can say I had a tough childhood. But life is tough not a picnic. You can't have everything you want. My father die when I was only 5 years old and then my mother move on to other men. I don't blame her. She only trying to provide. But she suck at it. We all have different father, which is sad. But my dad was the best. He treated my mom like a queen. And me like a princess. He use to say "be the change you want to happen in the world" and "it starts and ends with you". But he got shot and the case went without being solve. But most killing do. Since most of them are gangs related. But my father was not in a gang. He didn't sell. Matter in fact he didn't smoke, ever. He was a saint. He was handsome too. Nice black curly hair. My father was mixed but he act mostly black. My mom is black tho. But anyway I rather have my father here then my mother. I know it's rude to say, but you don't get. I have no friends at all. I like to stay by myself. Plus that way you don't get hurt and your don't hurt others. I'm a good students. I believe so. A's and B's. Hardly get into many fights. Like I said I want to get out of these streets. "Sun, can you please make food for me" Zane said.
"Yeah. You did your homework" I said.
"No. It's too hard" he said in this whiny voice.
"You need help"
"Yes. But can I eat first"?
"Sure" I said going over to the fridge. I open it and made him a sandwich.
"Sun? Do mommy love us"? He said.
"Yes. She love us" I said.
"Why don't she stay home"? He asked. And to be honest I don't know. It breaks my heart to hear him ask those questions. The twins too.
"Eat your sandwich" I said I went over to the twins to see what they were up to. When I went in the room they were playing in my makeup.
"Having fun"? I ask them. They nodded and return to what they were doing. Most teenage girls would probably freak to see their siblings playing in their makeup. But I had to grow up fast. It's a tough world. But you need to be tougher.