Promise of Happiness

"...Ray?" You curiously began to question the well-dressed male.

Being in the embrace of so many beautiful flowers with Ray was mesmerizing. Even after being in here for such a short time, you could already sense that there were years of love and hard work put into this garden. There was an uncountable surplus of so many unique, gorgeous plants surrounding you both. This sight, along with Ray and the floral scent, was heavenly.

The white-haired male perked up a little and guided his attention to you. "...Yes, my princess/prince/princex?" He softly spoke.

You couldn't help but take in how careful and pretty everything he took care of was. Ray was very handsome and was always dressed like a prince in your presence. But besides his appearance, he was so careful about the words that he spoke to you, he tried his best with the outrageous overload of work that he was given, and he was also loyal to things that he had taken an interest to.

"I'm wondering..."

One of those activities that Ray enjoyed doing very much was gardening, of course. All of his flowers were taken precious care of each day, and he treated them so well as if they were living people. He even mentioned that he would sometimes think of them as his only friends. This led you to ask him a question that had been lingering in your mind for a while.

"I'm wondering...What about flowers drew you to be so attached to them?" You inquisitively asked, tilting your head a bit.

Ray froze for a moment, concerned that you had ill intent when asking this. "I-Well...I've liked flowers since I was a child. There's so many distinctive meanings behind each and every one of them. Flowers are all so fascinating," he anxiously murmured.

You grinned at his innocence and took his hand in enthusiasm. Before replying, you thought to yourself about how sweet his way of speaking was and how much you enjoyed hearing him. "You've liked them for that long? That's amazing, Ray. You always show such dedication and love towards what you do...I can see the appeal in that. Do you have a favorite flower?"

He relaxed some after hearing your answer and sheepishly looked down at your hand, fingers intertwined together. "You really think so? Thank you so much...Oh? My favorite flower...? Here, I'll show it to you. Just follow me," he eagerly responded, looking back at you and beginning to lead you through the garden.

You obediently followed him while marveling about what all was around both of you. All of the flowers, being perfectly organized, looked so perfect together. You could see almost every flower imaginable, even some that you didn't know the names of. Roses, lilies, geraniums, the list went on! It almost seemed like the flowers themselves illuminated the garden, making it so much more of a pleasing visual. However, your amazement was then brought to Ray himself once more.

He guided you to a shaded part of the garden that had bunches of a cute, precious-looking flower. He kneeled down and admired the unique flower, pulling you closer to him so that you could see it. "Have you seen this one before?" He asked quietly, smiling to himself.

You kneeled down alongside him and curled up towards him some while you laid your eyes on the bell-like plant. "It's so pretty and unique...I've never seen anything like it before," you responded in veneration of his talent.

Ray chuckled softly at your response and blushed a bit. "Thank you...It's called the lily of the valley. I always feel super happy and at peace when I'm taking care of this specific flower," Ray explained.

"Aww, you're welcome..." You giggled in response and glanced up at him for a few moments. Ray had a generally cute complexion; there was a gentle blush across his cheeks, along with freckles on his face that made him so much cuter. His looks resembled a fragile doll that needed to be handled with care. There was also a sign of him not caring for his well-being, specifically dark circles due to not sleeping as much as he should. Your heart always broke a little at the thought of this, but he was still the most adorable, attractive person you've ever seen.