[13] ʜᴇʏ, ʜᴇʏ, ʜᴇʏ...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"This one's mine."

*****

"What if you find your Hamilton, YOUR Alexander, you can be his Eliza..."

"I cant believe you're so desperate to hook me up with someone that you're using Hamilton references for me,"

"COME ON YOU LAZY HO! YOU NEED A MANS! CAN'T YOU AT LEAST PICK ONE?"

The lights blaring and music pounding did nothing to help the major headache that my best friend, Katherine, was causing me. We stood in the corner of the house party, sipping on our red solo cups and watching the partygoers as they passed. I was dragged out here by my best friend and I was just counting the minutes until it wouldn't be considered too rude to leave.

You know, when everyone is wasted and sloppily making out with lamp posts.

"Fine. Even if you're not going to dance, I will!" Right after making that announcement, she stepped onto the dance floor, still in eyesight, and started dancing. Her dancing was normal, nothing out of the ordinary, but the facial expressions she threw at me were enough to make me start dying of laughter.

As I tried to catch my breath, I heard the excited yells of a group of guys coming from the entranceway. Something drew my eyes to the yells and that's when I saw him.

Average height, dark eyes and hair tucked under a beanie, with a smile that made my heart literally go boom.

He and his group of friends walked in and I noticed them start to make their way towards the kitchen. Looking into my cup that was still only halfway filled, I made the executive decision to go and get a refill, hoping that maybe I could catch another glimpse at the cute guy.

I signaled Kat to tell her that I was going to the kitchen and started to casually speed walk towards the drinks. Thankfully, my guess was right and he and a few of his friends were standing by the drink bar.

I walked up to the bar and tried to make myself noticeable to him, as subtly as possible.

Try to catch his eye, but also don't look desperate.

Unfortunately, the people dancing all around and the banging bass of the music made it practically impossible for the guy to notice me. I noticed Kat walk in out of breath and immediately pulled her arm and leaned into her ear.

"You used Ham references earlier, so I'll say this in a Ham reference," I turned and pointed my finger at the guy.

"This one's mine."

Before I could say another word, Kat detached herself from my grip and was darting through the crowd. Immediately, I got a sick feeling in my gut and started to internally panic.

Aw crap, what's she gonna do?

She made it to the group and got their attention easily, speaking only a few words to the guy before grabbing onto his arm.

Welp, I'm through.

I raised my cup to lips, slightly disappointed as I tried to avoid the sight of my best friend and the cute stranger. I looked up to see if she had flirted her way into his heart already, only to be met by the dark pair of eyes that caught my attention just a few minutes before.