Prolouge

Safia-May Wiggins and her step brother have been alone since her mother and his father died in a car crash when she was just 10 years old. Everything they had was left to the 17year old Elliot, otherwise known as Eli, though there wasn't much to leave. The two inherited one rusty beat up lemon, a small house where nearly nothing worked and rent was never paid on time, and the company of each other. It didn't seem like much even though Safia insisted that was all she'd ever need.

Safia-May is a quiet girl who only wants to be left alone with her older step-brother and her books, but she happens to be the most beautiful girl in all of the town and that proved to make it slightly more difficult. Being the main worker at the library and growing up in the town of Coroland she knew everyone and everyone knew her.

Safia-May and Eli's history with the town didn't help Eli's case, though. He dreamed of being an inventor but it seemed there was nothing left to be invented. Most people in Coroland felt that he should be more focused on being an adult and getting Safia out of the poor excuse for a house, and the whole town made sure he knew that every time he left the house.

When Eli comes out with a ground breaking invention he decides its time to head to a convention in the city. But when Eli doesn't return Safia takes it into her own hands to find out where he is and bring him back to what little of a home he has left.