Exception

Demi

I woke up to sunlight shining onto my face through the open curtains. Wilmer's arms were wrapped around my body protectively and every couple of seconds they'd tighten as if to subconciously make sure I was still there. I wrinkled my nose as a yawn escaped my mouth and stretched out my legs a bit. Next to me, Wilmer stirred, and pushed his head into the crook of my neck. A dreamy smile spread over my face as I played with the hair on the nape on his neck, and kissed his hair.

"Good Morning." I murmured, stroking the stubble on his jaw. This was one of my favorite ways to wake up, wrapped up with him and lazily cuddling. today was both of our days off so we usually laid in bed for awhile, went to the gym, then went out for lunch. Today however, was one of those days that i never wanted to leave this bed, let alone his arms.

"Good morning." Wilmer answered in a gruff, muffled tone. He lifted his head and his eyes were still half-closed from sleep. I smiled and leaned down to kiss him, leaning my forehead against his when we pulled away.

"Good morning, I love you."

Wilmer smiled, "I love you too Demi."

Everytime he said it, which was a lot, my heart fluttered. At first, I used to have a hard time believing that he loved me, because throughout my life I hadn't really known what true love was. I was always watching my mom and dad fight, huge blowouts that would last until the morning hours. So, that's what I thought relationships were going to be like, and I never wanted to be in one. Eventually as I grew up I realized that wasn't true, but after a few breakups I was convinced that love didn't exist, and that it was pointless to try to find it. When I met Wilmer though, everything changed. sure, we've had our fair share of fights, but we always made our way back to each other. Now, I know that we'd never become my parents. We'd never become the people who didn't want to be around each other. Even when I was pissed at Wilmer, I missed him. I physically ached when he wasn't in the same state or country with me and I knew I wouldn't be seeing him for a few days. I was drawn to him and I don't think I'd ever be the same if he left.

"So what do you want to do today?" Wilmer said, his head still on my shoulder.

"Nothing."

He looked up, confused, "Nothing?"

I shrugged, "I'm exactly where I want to be."

Wilmer chuckled and pulled me into his body, holding me tightly as I wound my arms around his neck and listened to his heartbeat. We laid like that for a while, him gently stroking my back as I felt my eyes closing again. Then, a giant growl came from Wilmer's stomach and we both burst into laughter, Wilmer's face bright red.

"Why didn't you tell me you were hungry?" I laughed, throwing a pillow at him as I sat up.

Wilmer smiled and pulled me back down on top of him and cupped my cheek, "Because I was so happy I didn't want to move."

A huge, toothy grin overtook my features and I leaned down, kissing him deeply, "I love you so much." I searched his eyes with mine and smiled again, "You're my exception."

Years ago, when I was still obsessed with paramore, and was just getting into the industry, their song 'You are the Only Exception' was something I lived by, yet I still hadn't found the exception that I would let through my walls. When I met Wilmer, I instantly knew that he was the one that would do that. He cared, and listened to me, unlike the other guys. He comforted me when Joe broke my heart, and later on showed me what real love felt like. He was there for me during my darkest days, and held me up during my proudest moments, never taking credit for anything. I loved him more than J ever believed it was possible to love anything, and I fully believed he felt the same way back to me. He was my exception to the concept of love, his love was the only one I wanted, the only one I craved every second of the day.

"And you're mine."

I smiled, leaning over to kiss him, "I love you so much, I'm so lucky."

He shook his head and stroked my cheek, "I love you too, but I'm the lucky one. You're so beautiful."

I scrunched up my nose as he kissed it, and smiled, "This is getting way too cheesy."

He cocked an eyebrow, "Mozzarella or cheddar?" I smacked his chest lightly and sat up only to be pulled back down by him, "I wasn't done cuddling." He murmured, nuzzling into the crook of my neck.

I let my hand drape across his neck and played with the hair on the nape of my neck, "I can't believe we've been married for two years."

Wilmer kissed my neck, "I can, from the second I met you I knew you were the one."

I smiled up at the ceiling, "Liar."

He sat up and intertwined our fingers, "Nope. I knew you were going to be someone very special in my life. I couldn't stay away from you."

I giggled, "The following me around did get a little creepy."

Wilmer rolled his eyes playfully, "I didn't follow you, I just hung out with you a lot. I wanted to get to know you more and more."

I smirked, "And now look at you, you know me better than I know myself." I leaned down to press our foreheads together, "I still don't know how you did that."

Wilmer pecked my lips, "Years and years of practice."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel