Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo

Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo is a licensed OB/GYN specializing in procedures, like – operative laparoscopy, ultrasonography, hysteroscopy, and colposcopy. During his thirty five years of career, he has worked for some of the most reputed hospitals and health care centres in the United Kingdom, Canada, the Middle East and Nigeria.

In 1983, he completed his MB.BS from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria and served as a Rotating Intern at the University College Hospital for a year. During this rotating internship, he worked in departments of surgery, medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology. Soon after his internship, he got the opportunity to work as a Medical Officer (General Medicine) in Catholic Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria. Here, he was responsible for attending patients in the clinics and on the general medical, surgical and obstetric and gynecological wards.

In the next few years, Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo worked for many well-known hospitals in England. Tameside General Hospital was the first one he worked for. In this reputed Ashton-U-Lyne based hospital, he served as a Senior House Officer (2nd on call) in obstetrics and gynecology. Later, he also worked for City General Hospital, Carlisle; St. Mary’s Hospital, Newport, Isle of Wight; Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading; and Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Welwyn Garden City.

By the end of 1991, Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo relocated to Canada and immediately joined Sir Thomas Roddick Hospital, Newfoundland, as a Consultant Obstetrician-Gynecologist. While serving this role, he handled all his clinical and administrative responsibilities with utmost dedication. Some other hospitals he worked for in the next couple of years in Canada are the James Paton Memorial Hospital, Dauphin Regional Health Centre, Mount Carmel Medical Centre, Norwood Family Medical Centre, Lakewood Medical Centre, St. Michaels Medical Centre, and many others.

In all the hospitals and medical health centre’s Dr. Adolphus Sowemimo worked at, he garnered huge respect for his professionalism, sincerity, and hard work. With that same level of dedication, he now runs A. O. Sowemimo Corporation. Besides that, he serves as a Volunteer Pastor at the Celestial Church of Christ Winnipeg, Canada. In the future, he plans to undertake a hospital or community based OB-GYN practice and provides quality health care services to women. Apart from executing various aspects of this crucial project, Dr. Adolphus spends his free time by reading novels, listing to classical music, and playing golf, squash, & chess.