chapter 1

The sound of a music box echoes through the room. The music box is the only thing that is trying to brighten a little girl.

A girl with brown hair and green eyes is observing the music box as it plays its music. She is 10 years old. She is very beautiful and cute for an orphan. Eversince she was little, she always dreamed of having a family that would love her. She has been living in this orphanage ever since she was a baby. The orphanage is run by a nun and many children would tease her or even bully her. She has been innocent in many ways. Her soul was very pure. She the type who is quiet and cold. The only memory that her real parents left to her is the carousel music box. She has an amnesia about her past and she is afraid of the thunder. She would always hide under the blanket and cry. The nuns really like her cause in either way, even if she's cold and quiet, she would put on a fake smile for them.

On her 13th birthday, her dreams comes true. She is taken by Samantha and Francis Smith. They were nice at first but she realize that it was just an act all along. Her dreams soon turns into her own nightmare. They enrolled her to a school and she is very smart. If she would fail, her parents would beat her up or lock her in a small cage. She would cry and she would call out for her mother to unlock her but her mother would just ignore her. She would sometimes skip dinner because her mother lock her up in a cage or because her father beat her up until she passes out. Even though they would make her life even worse than before, she loves them like they are her real parents. She would do anything to make them happy but they won't do the same. They have a 15 years old son whose name is Derrick. Unlike his parents, Derrick actually cares for her. When she's lock in a cage, he would bring dinner to her and when she's beaten up by her mother, he would treat her bruises. He is very nice to her and he has been a great help to her. She's glad that someone loves her as much as she do. She is always with him and he would protect her. In school, she has only one friend and her name is Wilda Huston. Wilda always supports her but she always can't be there for her. So sometimes, she is a bit lonely. Do you have any more questions? Oh! I forgot to tell you! Her name is Catlin Smith.