16. New comes with trouble

freezing cold air isn't enough to prepare you for the freezing cold water in the pool.

It doesn't make you any less cold. And fact the, the pool area is much warmer than most parts of the school.

Maybe that was the idea... to make the pool seem easier for it to be 'cool' in the definition of freezing.

It like my entire body knows we're getting closer by taking each time forward. Closer to the ice. Closer to warn my eyes that they are about to be tired of just staring at the clock.
Counting every second.
Every minute.
Focusing on every lap like it's the last piece of art alive just to pass the minutes and try to convince myself on how far the time goes by. On how fast the time went by, by just doing 3 laps—

My thoughts went back as my heart freaked out about what just happened. My legs took a few unexpected steps back while my back and head trusted my feet not to fall. Not to break my skull or my spine that I'm pretty sure would be way to easy to break since my backpack has started the few steps.

I knew the thing my back hit wasn't the ground because the floor doesn't chuckle. Doesn't chuckle a low one especially.

The, what I can tell from behind me, muscles intense as my backpack that was on my right shoulder completely drops making my back force itself and relay it on the body (wall) right behind me.

Turning around only to be met with the darkest oceans there ever could be was not enough to not be mad.

"Still the same reaction" his throat let out a short laugh.

I really do have the chance to punch his perfect smooth skin that's covering his cheeks because there is practically nobody here. It's 3:15.. 15 minutes after the school let the wilds go.

"Hey, yoo. Man-" the voice of a cheerful man walked right out of the wall only to reveal Cameron.

"Holy shit. Wassup hotie" he came my way only to land a slap on my left shoulder and his eyes met Dayven. He just glanced up then back on his phone.

I smiled at Cameron before turned my heels around-

"Wait- I'm driving" Dayven said with him not bothering to get his head up.

"Ok. Bye"
"Aren't you coming?"
"I have swimming" I asked the clueless light skinned in front of me.

"I thought you didn't have it anymore" my eyes moved to the guy that finally got his head off his phone. Staring at me.

"Competing. Not practicing" I said as my eyes met the ground as if I was answering it.

"No- sugar cube, you can't leave me here- he's literally gonna drive me home with him and Ivy sitting next to each other and imma throw up. My lives in your hands" the panic in his voice really says how much Dayven has traumatized this kid with these kind of stuff.

"You're third wheeling- what did you expect?" Sweet.. almost fake laugh walked behind the wall that was to our left.

Revealing a girl my height girl. A normal looking yet except she isn't normal. She's means and likes to start shit if she suspects anything from you thats hers.

Her red hair simply just pin straight following just on her shoulder with her black jacket on her blue cute jeans. Her smile as she waved to someone the opposite of me as her body turned to us.