Chapter One: Unexpected Events

Jessica is a normal-looking woman you would find walking down the streets or in a store, possibly shopping for her kids. She has light brown eyes that glimmer in the sunlight, and dark brown hair that flows past her shoulders. She has gentle olive skin and only a few freckles here and there. 

All Jessica could remember was going to work and getting something implanted into her head. The manager had said it was to make sure that if they ever leaked information then they could track them. It had sounded unnerving, but Jessica needed this job, so she went with it. She remembered there being at least fifty new coworkers in the building, but there was most likely more than that. There had been flyers up everywhere you would look, claiming that this was one in a lifetime chance to get the job without an interview. Any normal person would've thought this was a bit weird, which Jessica did. But in the same token, when you need a job and you can get one this good, you can't afford to not take the opportunity. Jessica was now on the ground, but it wasn't the ground of her new workplace. There were pine needles and leaves tickling her back. She bolted up, seeing many people on the ground. She just hoped they weren't dead. 

More and More people began slowly waking up, everyone just as confused as she was. People started walking around, looking for a way out. One of the new coworkers she had met prior walked over to her. "Hey Jessica." He said gently. Jessica smiled the best she could, "hello Mark. Any luck finding a way out of here?" Mark shook his head, "people have been finding drones up in the air though, as if someone is watching us." Jessica nodded slowly, looking up, she didn't see anything at first, but then a white looking thing whizzed by. "That must be the drone you're talking about, I wonder who would be watching us and why." She said to Mark as she turned her undivided attention back to him. He shrugged gently, "My question is how they got all of us out here." Jessica nodded, "I hadn't thought of that." Mark rolled his eyes with a grin, "of course you didn't. Anywho, I'm going to go find a way out, or try to." Jessica nodded and waved to him as he left. 

Everyone had been somewhat calm, more so than others. Jessica sighed as she stared up at the drones. They weren't quite close enough to grab or even climb a tree and jump onto. Suddenly, a bone chilling voice rang out through the speakers. "Welcome to the Survival and Obediance Experiment." Everyone stopped what they were doing, the voice was loud and unforgiving. Jessica's brown eyes scanned the area, and eventually she found a speaker, she didn't know how she didn't see that before. "There are currently one hundred of you. But by the end of these twenty-four hours, there will only be one. This test will be filled with 'challenges' that you must complete in the amount of time that is given. If you don't, then a punishment will be put onto you all. If you find speakers, drones, or cameras, do not take them down, or you will be punished." The voice paused for a moment, but then continued. "There isn't much food and limited water, so be wise with what you have." The person stopped talking, and panic erupted.