seven

FREYA
"Oh come on please." Hannah had been begging me to go shopping with her for the past half hour of lunch.

"Fine, fine." I finally gave in.

I didn't like shopping much, I felt out of place surrounded by groups of girls trying on piles of clothes. They usually always looked amazing, and it knocked my self esteem. I wasn't usually a jealous person, but when you see so many pretty girls, I cant help it.

"Great." She has a beaming smile spread across her face. "I'll see you after last period." She pushed herself up off the bench and began walking to her class. I internally groaned before doing the same.

I walked into my english lesson and took my seat next to Jamie.

"How's things with that boy you were going on about?" I asked, pulling my books out my bag.

"Yeah, good. He's taking me to meet his parents next week." His voice was a whisper, but I could still hear the excitement in his voice.

"Oh my God, no way!" My voice was hushed. Jamie held his finger up to his lips and our attention went to the teacher.

-

Once it was the end of the day, I went and met Hannah in our usual spot.

"You ready?" She asked, I just nodded but was smiling. "Let's go." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the bus stop.

I paid for my ticket and took my seat next to her as she was looking at something on her phone.

"He's alright ain't he" I heard Hannah say beside me, tilting her phone towards me. On the screen was a picture. Theo.

"Oh um, yeah." I said, not quite sure how to reply.

Hannah gave me confused look before shrugging and shutting off her phone.

-

Hannah and I spent the afternoon shopping, I hadn't bought as much as her, but I had bought a few new things like dresses for spring. Han had insisted on me buying this one dress for my birthday, which was only a week away, and it was totally out of my comfort zone. Not only that, but I only have like two friends so it's hardly worth having a party.

I got off the bus and walked back home, passing the houses lit up inside and full of old people. I got to my door and unlocked it and walked in, throwing my keys on the side.

"Hello!" I yelled trying to see if anyone was in. No reply.

"Hello?" I tried again. "Mum?" I walked up the stairs and into my mums room to see her sat on her bed crying. I dropped my bags and walked towards her.

"Mum what's wrong?" I asked, sitting next to her and hugging her from the side. I saw her looking at a picture of me, her and Brad.

"Oh mum." I hugged her tighter.

"I'm fine, i'm fine, I just miss him." She sniffled, placing the picture down on the bedside table.

"I miss him too." I said trying to comfort her.

Mum looked at me and gave me a smile before returning the hug I was giving her. We stayed like this for a while before she spoke again.

"Are you going out tonight?" She asked.

"I don't know, don't you want me to stay here with you?" I asked, I didn't want to leave her whilst she was upset.

"No, no. You like your walk, it's like a daily tradition for you." She patted my shoulder as she spoke.

"Okay."

"If you go now, you can show me what you bought when you get back, and we can put a film on."

I nodded and got up from her bed and walked over to the door of my mums bedroom. I gave her a smile before leaving and closing the door behind me. Once I got out of the house, I stared to walk down the road towards my usual spot. As I walked I let my emotions get the best of me as a few tears fell down my cheeks. I missed Brad, but seeing my mum upset just really got to me. She was the person I looked up to the most, and seeing her cry was hard to watch.

I walked through the trees and branches that led to the spot. Theo hadn't been for a few days, and part of me really wished he'd be here today. As i approached the tree and saw his figure leaning against the trunk.

I walked towards him slowly, trying not to startled him. Sitting next to him, we both looked out over the water.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Hey." He replied, turning to look at me. From the corner of my eye I saw his expression change. "What's wrong? Freya?" he asked with genuine concern.

I didn't reply, I couldn't. I just shook my head as the tears began to trickle down my face even quicker.

"Hey." Theo said, putting an arm around me and pulling me into his side. "Don't cry." He stroked my hair gently which was strangely calming.

I let myself stop crying and breath before I spoke.

"It's nothing, just I miss my brother right now." I wiped the tears from under my eyes.

Theo's hand dropped from my shoulder to my back, which he moved up and down slightly. We both stayed silent.

"Sorry, I made this night depressing." I laughed as I finished crying.

Theo just shook his head.

"You didn't."

"I did." I was convinced I had. So i decided to change the conversation.

"Anyways, how was your day?" I asked.

"Same old." He shrugged. "How bout you?"

"I went shopping with Hannah, she made me buy this dress for my birthday, but it's not really me. Plus, I don't even see the point in me having a party because it's not like anyone would want to come-" My rambling was cut off my Theo.

"Wait, wait. Whens your birthday?"

"Um, next Thursday." I told him.

"Why didn't I know this?" He asked, shocked.

"I dunno, I don't think it's a big deal." I shrugged.

"Uh, it is."

"It might be for you, you get the whole country celebrating." I joked, which Theo chuckled to.

"What are you gonna do for it?"

"Same as every other year I guess, stay in with mum and Hannah and watch a film or bake."

"Will you be able to come here?" He asked, a bit too quickly.

"Yeah..."

He didn't reply, but just smiled at me before turning to look out across the water again.

"Do you every wanna swim in it?" He asks me, it was a random question.

"Sometimes."

Again, he didn't reply, just nodded his head.

lol oops it's me, ur local late updater. i really really want to get back into writing this because i had sm ideas for it. so pls vote because it rlly motivates me to write x