8. For the greater good?

Rose petals were falling from the sky and landing on the sleeping figures. Ariana's petite body was wrapped safely around his firm arms. She was broken out of the trance when a glass blade poked her leg. She noticed his one hand was wrapped around her waist whereas the other was at the back of her head, holding it. Her face was placed at the crook of his neck, under his chin.

When she blinked, her eyelashes brushed against the sensitive skin of his neck, waking him up. He withdrew his chin from her head to look at her face and gave her a smile. Her heart fluttered at the sight. She felt fuzzy in her cheeks and her feet - wait. Feet?

Ariana jolted out of the bed instantly to find Christopher laughing with a feather in his hand.

"What the hell, you asshat?" She snapped.

He gasped. "A lady swearing! How scandalous!"

"I am pretty sure other ladies do it as well when conversing with a dimwit." She adjusted her night gown.

"I am choosing to ignore that." He narrowed his eyes before laughing again. "Anyways, you were smiling and blushing in your sleep. Is it because you were dreaming of me?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"You wish! What are you doing here anyways? Don't you know better than to enter a girl's room, especially when she is not conscious?"

"You are right. I did not know any better. I was waiting for you actually. For you to come in my life and teach me manners." He cooed.

"Ugh! Why do you speak like that? Don't speak like that."

"Why? Is it because me speaking like this melts your heart, Ari?"

"No. Because a grown person should not speak like that."

"I shall speak how I want -" He was interrupted by Alpha Edward and Persephone barging inside the room followed by Luna Barbara and Anwar.

"We need to have a talk." Alpha Edward addressed Ariana. He approached her only when he intended to either scold or punish her, usually on Persephone's influence.

"I suggest you leave us alone, Christopher." Ariana knew what was coming and if Christopher defended her this time too, it would definitely cause a rift between his and hers pack.

He was hesitant at first but obliged.

Persephone walked over to the bed nonchalantly and frowned upon seeing it messy before flipping the sheets and taking a seat. "Sit." She ordered.

Ariana frowned but sat nevertheless. Their father, mother and brother too sat on a sofa facing the bed.

"Young blood! They act without reckoning consequences of their action." Alpha Edward started. "Instead of minding his own business, he had to open his mouth in front of everyone and complain about my daughter to the Duke and Duchess. Now, she has been punished by them." He vented in front of Ariana.

"What happened yesterday at dinner should not have happened!" He added.

"What happened yesterday at breakfast should not have happened either!" Ariana complained.

"Oh it wasn't a big deal." He waved his hand dismissing her statement. Noticing Ariana's expression turning to anger, he quickly added "Luna Iria should have taught her daughter better than to conspire against others."

Ariana couldn't believe her own ears. It felt good to know that her father supported her. But it didn't last long as she heard him say "It was entirely that insolent girl's fault. And because of that blabbering mouth of Christopher, my daughter also got wrapped up in this whole matter. But you will not let your sister get punished." He said the last part softly.