9. Narcisse, the Seer

As soon as the chirping of birds could be heard, every worker of the castle woke up for the preparation of Crown Prince's coronation ceremony was to commence from that day. Duke and Duchess themselves were hustling to make sure everything would be perfect for the biggest day in life of the boy they had raised.

All of the guests woke up later and had breakfast. Ladies were gathered at balcony of guests chamber and having a chat. When Ariana joined, some of them became quiet. After a while, Ivory joined them too. "May I sit beside you?"

"Sure." Saying that, Ariana gave her an awkward smile.

Taking a seat, she asked, "So, what are you all talking about?"

"The Prince, of course." Persephone replied. Ivory did not acknowledge her whatsoever.

"I wonder when he will find his mate." Mary blushed.

Hearing that word, Ariana drifted gradually into the realms of fantasy where the man from garden lived.

"Soon, I hope. The Kingdom needs its Queen." Luna Iria stated.

"One of you young ladies might hold the title of the Queen someday." Luna Barbara teased.

This made every one of the unmated ladies swoon. Including Persephone.

Ariana was listening to them without giving her input. Why must I think of being mated to the Prince when I am almost certain that the man from garden is my mate, she thought.

"Presence of one's mate brings the greatest ecstasy in any werewolve's life, I hear. Our Prince deserves so, after going through so much of pain all alone." She said.

Duchess Lily had entered the balcony and was standing behind all of them.

"Not all alone." Ariana corrected herself quickly. "Duke and Duchess were there. But our Prince deserves it anyway."

Hearing that made Duchess Lily smile. She cleared her throat to make known of her arrival.

"You Highness! Please join us." Luna Barbara invited.

"How I wish I could sit and have a chat. We have a lot of catching up to do after all. But I'm afraid I would not be able to do so as I still have to see the floral arrangements."

"I could do that." Ariana stood up."If your highness wishes." She added.

"I must say, your willingness to help is commendable. But are you sure, my child?"

"Yes, your Highness. Just instruct me and I shall complete the task." She said with enthusiasm.

"Thank you." Duchess gave her a charming smile.

"Shall I join too?" came an unexpected question from Ivory.

"Sure." said Ariana in an unsure manner.

As they headed out, Persephone whispered to Mary. "Look how desperate they are to be on Duchess' good book."

**~~~**

Ariana and Ivory were walking side by side when Christopher called then from behind.

"Wait! Where are you going?" He directed his question at Ariana.

"There is farm for floriculture from which flowers to decorate the castle is to be imported. We are to supervise the task."

"You can tag along too." Ivory suggested.

Ariana and Christopher were beyond surprised.

"Um Ivory. Shall I ask you a question?"

"Sure, Ariana."