𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

chapter seven.

ESTEE looked at me with wide eyes, causing me to shrink slightly in my seat, "He asked you out and you fucking said 'no'?"

"Yup," I simply told her, looking ahead at the boys skating as we sat on the sidelines.

"Are you mentally unstable, Drew?" Liv then asked, "Did that fall affect your memory?"

"No, I just don't want to deal with him," I told them, "He's just not my type."

"Wait, Drew, you have a type?" Megan wondered, leaning over so she could see past Estee and at me.

"What, I can't have a type?"

"No, of course you can," Estee assured, "It's just you never told us."

"Because it's not something I would just blurt out," I explained, but watch them all stare at me, expecting me to explain my type. Honestly, I don't even know. I just wanted them to stop bugging me about Vincent, but now I got them more involved in my life. I furrowed my brows, "What?"

"We want to know what's your type because if Vincent isn't, I'm scared to know who you like," Megan told me, before looking back at the boys, "Okay, so which one of them do you find cute?"

"What? No way am I saying that!" I shrieked, "They're my friends."

"And so? It's not like they don't think about us that way."Liv informed me, "They probably talk about us all the time."

"Yeah, but that doesn't make it less weird," I laughed, "I grew up with them."

"God, Drew, just pretend you didn't for a second," Estee suggested, wrapping her arm around mine, "Now just look at each one of them and say which one you find cute."

"No, because you guys are going to bully me for it," I shook my head, "I'm fine with keep my interests to myself."

Estee rolled her eyes and let go of me, "Fine, I'll go."

She eyed the boys and Megan chuckled, "Estee, if you're looking for Stevie, he's probably at the playground."

"Fuck off," Estee flipped Megan off as we laughed, "If he wasn't so talkative, I'd say Ruben."

"Okay, I see it's official," Megan sighed dramatically, "I'm going to have to put you up as a pedophile."

"You know what, Megan, this joke of yours is getting really old," Estee huffed out, "Let's not act like you don't like Fourth Grade."

I raised a brow at Megan, "You like him?"

"And so what if I do?" She asked and I grinned cheekily causing her to playfully roll her eyes, "Oh god, don't start!"

"You like him," I teasingly sing, tapping her legs a little before she shoved my hand off of her.

"Okay, see now it's your turn," Liv told me, and I reluctantly nodded, looking at the boys.

"I guess," I paused, my eyes meeting Ray's, having him smile and wave at me before going back to skating.

"Oh my god, no fucking way!" Estee shrieked, "I mean, I can see you guys together. You guys have like this weird ass bond with each other."

"I think the word you're looking for is friendship?" I joked and continued to watch Ray skate. In any given situation, I would choose Ray, even if it were this situation. He's been with me for years and we both know what's happening in our shitty lives.

"I can see it too, though," Megan agreed, "He's totally into you."

"Like how Vincent's into you," Liv added, "But if I'm looking at the facts here, only one person has asked you out and it's- drumroll please," Suddenly all of them started to drumroll, causing me to laugh, "It's Vincent!"

"Why are guys determined to get me to go out with him?" I asked, amused by their tactics.

"I don't know, maybe," Megan paused, "Maybe since we saw him at the mall this morning and told him that you want to see him?"

My amusement dropped as I stood up and stared down at all of them, "Tell me this is a fucking joke."

"We invited him here, so he's on his way here with his friends," Liv added, but softly when she saw my expression.

"And how do you know he's still coming?" I asked and Estee was the only one grinning wide, to contrast my pissed face.

She stood up and held my hands, "Because he's talking with Ray and them right now."

I turned to see Vinnie greeting everyone at the park and I groaned turning on my friends, "I really fucking despise you guys."

"We love you too," Liv grinned, before Estee went to go sit back down as Vincent made his way to me.

"Hey, Drew," He greeted with a smile as he stood in front of me, holding onto his board.

"Hey," I responded simply before he looked behind me and at my friends to wave at them. I then glance around, before meeting his eyes, "So, what are you doing here?"

He then raised his skateboard, "Just chilling back with my friends." I nodded lightly before his name was called, "I'm coming!" He was about to walk towards them when I didn't speak again, but he stopped to look at me, "Hey, you need a ride home after this?"

"I-uh," I paused, but heard my friends whispering behind me to tell me to say yes, causing me to smile, "Yeah sure, why not?"

He grinned and put his skateboard behind his head, "I guess I'll see you then." I nodded again and he jogged back to his friends, who were all doing tricks.

When I turned to my friends, they all had big smiles, causing me to flip them off, "Don't you guys say a word." I sat back down as they stifled laughs, causing me to roll my eyes yet watch as Vinnie landed a trick. God, what am I doing?

(a/n:: so like I don't know
if you guys know this but
in my head, Vinnie is really
Vinnie Hacker from tiktok

I know, I know, I'm a weirdo)