Eric Forman's Basement // meeting

J A Y L A 🧡

I paced around my yard searching for my sly cat, Mr

I paced around my yard searching for my sly cat, Mr. Bonkers that snuck out last night while I was taking out the trash.
My parents showed no concern for my cat going missing and continued fighting about the same stuff over and over again. Pinning it on each other like always.
My little brother, Timothy had no self control either and he was so furious with my parents constantly fighting that he started doing bad in school, eating less and his behavior just totally changed. He's just mentally exhausted... and he's definitely not the only one.

"You've made Timothy this way! I can almost see his bones for god sake! If you hadn't pressured him to get a job at such a young age maybe he wouldn't have looked this way!" My mother yelled impatiently.
"Julia! We need to support this family somehow... we aren't doing good with money. Stop trying to make me the bad guy here!" My father Matthew hollered.
I hated when he yelled. I hated when they both yelled.
I couldn't take the bickering anymore so I went out searching for my cat.

I finally saw a white fluffy tail move side to side underneath my neighbors car after hours of looking.
I sighed in relief and the tension in my shoulders released.
Just as I was about to pick up my little fluff ball and bring him home ... the vista cruiser backed up and killed Mr. Bonkers. Just killed him right in front of me. I was in complete shock that I couldn't even move my body.

"What the- what was that?"

A skinny, geeky boy came out of his car and ran over to see what it was. I sniffled and he glanced at me then back at the scene again.

"You killed my cat you... you ... asshole!" I stuttered.

"Oh god no. I'm so sorry." Eric cried out.

We both stood shocked for a minute than he broke the silence.

"Hey I mean at least he lived out his years." Eric said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Wh...why would you say that." I said while pushing away his hand clearly mad but he did not stop.

"I mean like if he was a faster... younger more... energetic cat he probably would have moved before the car did." He said awkwardly smiling at me.

I swear I wanted to punch him right then and there.

"Here" he grabbed my arm. " Wanna come inside and you can clean up your face in the bathroom?" He offered after I hesitated. I was so shocked and distraught I just let him lead me there.
He opened the door and I was greeted with stares by people that were seated in the basement

"You know what... just wait here and I'll get you some tissues and a popsicle." He said as he sat me down on the couch next to....the foreign kid? I started to really look around the room and I recognized the kids from my school. It was slightly foggy in there and it smelt of a familiar smell. They definitely just got done with a smoking sesh.