Chapter 1.

1一 and his soul was made of molten gold

༻𖥸༺

YE-JUN FELT LOST IN DARKNESS, as if swimming through ink without a goal in mind. Aimless, mindless, soulless.

He couldn't remember the last time he saw light. Was Ju-hee alright? He hoped so. His beloved little sister better be safe or else一

Or else what?

Ah... That's right一

'I'm dead.'

Like a tidal wave in a storm, everything came crashing down, dowsing him in a shower of cold reality. There was a numbness creeping in, taking hold of his heart, threatening to turn him into a statue of marble.

'I... died... didn't I?' Ye-jun felt lost, and yet he couldn't panic. He had no body through which he could project his emotional state, so he was left alone with his thoughts.

He felt as though, should this have been an everyday occurrence, he would have felt his breathing shortening and his body having a panic attack. Or at least the cold embrace of distress overwhelming him.

But now... He felt nothing. It's not like he wanted to be oblivious to his own emotions, he just couldn't for the life of him get them out.

They were bottling up and Ye-jun came to the startling realisation that they would soon explode.

And the wailing of a baby came from the distance.

'Aish, could someone make it shut up, I want to be depressed in peace.'

Wait...

... a baby?

'What the一?!'

And he opened his eyes.

And he was met with jeweled blue.

Two orbs of intensity of such a bright blue, and those sparkles in them, glowing like a shattered sky, how一

'一beautiful...'

What is this? The wailing of the baby stopped? And whose eyes are these?

Ye-jun could only see the eyes and not the face of their owner. They glowed in the dark like brilliant torches of blue fire and he felt lost in their depths of sadness and melancholy.

'Why are you sad?' He felt like crying once again. 'Such pretty eyes shouldn't look so sad.'

And out of nowhere, light began to pour in the room, and the jeweled blue eyes took their place upon a face.

Golden, sun-kissed locks atop a face seemingly sculpted by Michelangelo and dressed in a regal military uniform with a fur trimmed coat falling behind him akin to a cape, Ye-jun felt as if he'd come face to face with a god.