𝙩𝙬𝙤

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"Okay, so the first floor is for recreation and leisure. There is a small kitchen, the common room for socialising, the dining room, and various other spaces to chill out in," Taeyong explained as he led Renjun towards the staircase along the wall.

Everything was pristine and new, the faint smell of the colourful paints still present even now. The younger boy pulled his suitcase with a tired arm, thanking the older when Taeyong graciously helped him onto the second floor.

"Is this it?" The blonde enquired hopefully, eying the long hall of doors. Each was closed, and in fact, they appeared rather lifeless without any aged features or years of memories.

"Ah, no. This floor is still going through the final touch ups before more families move in. By the way," the dark haired male peered down at him, "You're on your own, are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"No roommate? No friend living with you?"

".....I'm new to this area. I still need to meet people."

Taeyong smiled happily while guiding him to the next set of stairs, "That's fine. Everyone around here is really nice, anyway. You'll fit right in."

God, I hope so, the younger thought wearily, once again lugging his baggage up the steps towards the third and final floor. His expensive trench coat was suddenly too warm on him as the exercise caused him to sweat.

"And here we are," Taeyong cheered, pointing down the white hallway of about ten doors -five on each side- and beaming. "Your room is sixteen. Here's your key."

Renjun took the small metal object and inspected it briefly before returning his gaze to the hall. "Oh."

"Okay, so here's a few pointers while I remember them. There are six other tenants up here, each in their own rooms. They're nice enough when you get to know them, and-"

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean? Are they hard to get along with?"

"Well, no...." the older tilted his head as he found the correct wording, "They're odd. Um....I don't really know much about them, so that'll be your own endeavour if you feel the need."

What the heck? Odd? The Chinese boy wondered, continuing to listen regardless.

"Another 'nice to know' would be the fact that all the locks are the same," the ravenette chuckled lightly, as though this piece of information was of little relevance.

"Excuse me? What?"

"I had a locksmith install all the locks in this place, but he was a foreigner and couldn't really understand me. The locks are all the same, so basically that key can get you into your room, and everyone else's as well."