10. Birthday gift

Ariana woke up with a heavy head as she had not slept well last night. The words of Narcisse, the seer and her mother were revolving inside her head. Just when she was thinking about a serene future with her mate, the old hag had to open his mouth, she thought. She was sipping tea and thinking about it when Anwar entered and sat beside her.

"And finally he remembers that he has a sister." She gestured with her hands as if presenting him.

"Stop being so dramatic." Anwar scolded.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes. After a pause, she continued. "Everyone is finding their mate nowadays. You, Christof... It's only a matter of time before Emma finds hers as well. Then, I'll be stuck with Ivory."

"What did you just say?" entered Ivory, followed by Christopher. Her face clearly showed that she was offended. She took a seat. "What's so awful about being stuck with me?"

"Yes, Ari. Pray tell her." Anwar teased.

"Uh- nothing." Ariana chuckled nervously. "I was just spitting nonsense."

"Aw Ari. I always knew you had thing for me. Don't worry at all. Even though I've found my mate, I shall still give you my company." Christopher cooed.

"Oh for God's sake. Will you stop talking like this? I honestly don't know how poor Scarlett will tolerate you for the rest of her life." Ariana shook her head.

"Yeah. Poor Scarlett." said Ivory in a dry tone.

This of course killed the vibe of the room.

"Do not get me wrong, Christopher. I am thrilled that you have found your mate. But you surely know how people haven't been taking this news well. They are concerned whether Scarlett, considering her background, will be able to tale the role of Luna of Celik or not." Ivory explained.

"I am aware, Ivory. But Moon Goddess must have thought of something before pairing me with her. Call me selfish, but even if Scarlett is not able to fit the role of Luna to my pack, I will never let her go."

"And nothing is more important to us people of Celik than the happiness and well-being of our future Alpha." Naomi and Emma joined them. Christopher smiled at their words.

"By the way, you are welcome, Christof." Ivory had a smug smile on her face. "Had I not asked you to tag along with us to the farm, you wouldn't have met her."

"Whatever." Christopher rolled his eyes. "And what is with you calling me Christof?"

"Oh. Emma asked me to call you that." answered Ivory.

Emma chuckled. Christopher turned his head towards her. "As your future Alpha, I forbid you from calling me that." Emma was about to protest but stopped when given a stern look.

"By the way, Christof," Ariana started. Everyone laughed. "When are you going to introduce Scarlett to your parents?"

Christopher sighed before answering. "Mother and Father said after the coronation ceremony.Everyone is busy today."

"Why?"

"Today is the Oath taking ceremony."

"Oh..."

"Ari?" Emma called. "I know this is personal. But aren't you afraid of yesterday's prophecy?" Everyone looked at her silently, expecting an answer except for Anwar. "No! Do not let yourself suffer because of another prophecy."

"Exactly. It might be false." Naomi took Ariana's hand between her hands, trying to assure her.

"Mother said that the seer was the one to prophesize the death of former King and Queen." Ariana stated in a soft voice. Everyone became silent.