1

Angeline scaled the hallways, in the dead of night, covered in nothing but her normal pyjamas and night-robe. It was cold, and the temperature of the stone flooring stung against the soles of her feet. She caught glimpses of herself in the mirrors, her hair, long and brunette, falling easily down her back, complimenting her relatively pale skin and light eyes. It was late, but a Friday night nonetheless. She didn't plan on sleeping, the first plan of the night being her attendance to Ron, Harry and Hermione's meeting spot, up near the abandoned toilets in a distant tower. Some card games here or there, nothing too loud, nothing too rowdy. Of course, if they were caught, being with Harry was a bonus. If you're associated with Harry, you're somewhat protected. It was the unspoken knowledge of the school, after all. There was a soft glow left by the lamps lit around the building, but excluding those, things were practically dead. It was more unfortunate that the Slytherin Common Room was so far away from the place Angeline needed to be, and the likelihood of the trio being invested in a game when she arrived. 

Angeline had been friends with Ron since the day she was born, or more so had known him. Molly and her mother, Penny, had been in the same ward, same time; thus resulting in joint birthday parties for the years to come. The pair had prepared for almost everything together, even arriving at Hogwarts. Though, when the Sorting Hat bellowed out the name Angeline wanted least, things between the two had become something for of a basic friendship, especially when Harry and Hermione added themselves into the mix. Secrecy hounded their relationship. Two heavily-contradicting houses were hardly ever seen in friendship. Once you were in your house, you were in. Angeline had concealed her true personality for so long, she had prayed the hat would have realised that, but it did not, and so she was somewhere new - but it felt refreshing none the less, even now, in her sixth year. 

"You're out, Ron." Hermione laughed lightly as the second girl introduced herself into the room. They all turned their head as their faces melted into familiar, welcoming smiles. Each one of them liked Angeline, in their own way. It was believed that Harry had been infatuated with her some time ago, a lot of people had seen it, but it never came to fruition. Hermione looked like she always did, clean and well-presented, even in nightclothes. Ron had his signature pyjamas on, paired with some relatively messy ginger locks. Harry, as always, had himself looking like he could go and fight something, somewhere if he needed to - but there was a tiredness hinted below his eyes. "Angeline, you made it!" Her voice was a concoction of whispering and, slight, yelling.

"I can't stay for long, maybe an hour or so." She hummed lightly as she lowered herself to the floor, leaning against the wall. Her eyes looked over to Ron as they flashed one another their signature smiles. "I'm quite tired tonight." That was a lie, but the trio couldn't know that. Instead, they nodded in understanding and shuffled the cards to one side. Each one of them shuffled in closer, presumably to begin talking about something, someone or just talk generally. They did that. Just talk, nothing with it. It almost confused Angeline, how the three of them had such a strong, valuable friendship after six years. It had taken her years to get that with Ron, and even that light was slowly dimming. 

"That's fine." Harry said with a soft tone. "Did you see what Draco did?" Everyone turned their heads, and Ron sighed audibly.

"How could I not?" He groaned, "Seriously, I can't think of anything positive regarding Draco at all. He talks too much, and ever since she punched him, I think he's had a thing for Hermione." This caused her to quip her head round and deliver Ron a soft punch to the bicep. He faked a painful expression. 

"Don't even say that!" Hermione retaliated, her voice raising ever so slightly before she remembered the time. Her teeth bit at her chipped fingernail polish before she scoffed. "You know I'd never do that to you, both of you. I know how much you hate him." Angeline nodded along with her, she didn't really have any words to say, she also didn't think they expected anything of her, either. "Besides, we probably don't know him as well as we thought. Angeline is in the same house with him, after all." 

Ron grinned, almost greedily. He liked to gossip, "True." He leant forward, expecting something now, "Go on, Angel," His nickname for her since they were eight, from Halloween. Penny had organised a party at their home, which meant matching costumes for the pair of them, they'd gone with angel and devil due to Ron's hair colour. Though, his eight year-old mind was pleased with itself when it realised her costume sounded relatively similar to her actual name, "What's he like, then?"

Angeline cleared her throat as she shook her head lightly, "Honestly, I'm not too sure. I've never really spoken to him. Yeah, sometimes we end up sitting near each other at meals, but I rarely listen in." She spoke softly, she was often one to do that. She didn't like having an aggressive tone, "He's kind of untouchable in the house, obviously. He has his circle, and that's that." The others nodded lightly, somewhat agreeing with the points she made. It was hard not to agree with Angeline, she had always been a kind person, trustworthy. 

Time passed relatively quickly when she was with the group, and with an hour up, it was Angeline's time to leave. The quadrant had been playing card games, laughing and humming tunes for the sixty minutes they all shared together. It was no secret that Harry, Hermione and Ron were not leaving any time soon, but she knew Ron would get tired first. He liked his sleep, and he couldn't go past one in the morning. It was now half-past twelve. She'd imagine he'd either leave with her and turn to his own quarters, or leave fifteen, twenty minutes afterwards. Hermione, even, looked tired, and she was probably the best at staying up. Studying had done that to her. 

"I'm going to go now." Angeline announced lightly, pushing herself up off the floor and tightening her robe to her body. Hermione patted her calf, in friendship and kindness and flashed her a smile. Angeline swore she noticed her and Ron being closer than usual. She didn't really care, she shrugged it off. "I'll see you guys tomorrow, maybe. It depends on studying." She smiled as she received three, separate, kind goodbyes. Angeline was soon on her heels and off on her way, though she couldn't help but recognise she had a faster pace this time. Many attempts were made to ignore it, but she was excited, and this wasn't even the first time, either. 

It was the same route back as it was there, which was convenient. Angeline liked knowing where she was going, having the certainty that she was not going to lose herself in the winding hallways of the school, regardless of if she'd been there six years or not, it was a lot, and it was still confusing, even now. This route felt familiar, it had been happening for the past three weeks and the enjoyment she got out of this small walk was palpable. She could feel it, her heart, and how it hammered itself against her chest. Angeline shouldn't of been nervous, but she always was when it came to this. To him, she'd meant to think. Her mind had made itself believe the floor had a warmth to it, but she was lying to herself. Each step sent waves throw her skin, though her feet. Pain, even, but she didn't mind. Hogwarts was often cold, she really didn't know why there could not be an enchantment surrounding it or something. Angeline was good at keeping herself distracted, it made the time go quicker as she paced through the halls, despite having to be alert in case any authority managed to find her. Soon enough, she was back in the familiarity of the Slytherin Common Room. There was a faint buzz of some groups, but it was more or less empty. It still caused for a careful mission.

Angeline slid between rooms, waiting for people to be distracted as she began to scale the stairs.  He was expecting her, she knew that, as she approached the door. It was solid, dark, oak. It was... familiar. In a nice way, almost, which seemed somewhat strange to her now, that his door  had a distinct spot in her brain. Three knocks, he'd always told her. Only three, no more, no less, with the same pressure, too. Three. One, two, three. It wasn't quick until the door opened, but he wasn't there, he was preparing himself, a night with him in the empty room, where the air would grow clad with warmth and lust. This is why she lied to her friends, because she was about to, for the third time this month, sleep with Draco Malfoy; the boy who her best friend hates, though she did not know to which extent until this evening. 

"Hurry up." He commanded, his hair slicked and stuck to his forehead, he looked casual. Angeline leant against the door, waiting to hear it click shut as he fingers toyed with the lock, turning it, now they were in their own space. In their own bubble. 

Angeline nodded, easing closer into the room, below him now. She wasn't short, but he was taller than her by a number of inches. 

"You just keep coming back."