Chapter one: Carrie's POV

CARRIE’S POV

Holy shit this is amazing. The convention was a large spacious room, big enough to fit . . . well, a lot of things.

The beige toned walls were covered with Hermitcraft fan art, some of which were very appealing to the aesthetic eye.

And Carrie just wanted to get that cute Doc plushie she saw at one of the stands.

"I'm too obsessed with plushies . . ." The black haired girl murmured to herself, heading towards one of them just to take a look-

As Carrie skipped towards the stands on the hardwood floors, she heard a voice that sounded kinda familiar, from the nearest one a couple feet away from her.

This might be my childhood demon speaking. Or a friend. Or I'm going insane. Wait a moment that's Hapy's voice oh shit-

Wait, why the fuck is Hapy at Hermitcon?

Carrie stopped in her tracks, her eyes widening as she puts two and two together; 

Hapy's at the convention. There's most likely going to be more Hermittpadders here. Oh nu.

Trying to act casual, but failing terribly, she slowly backs away toward the food booths. 

An announcement blared through the speakers, saying that some Hermits will be doing a meet and greet later or something

The voice finished the last statement;

"Oh, and there will also be an event at 3:00 called "Get Good Lol" apparently."

Carrie chuckled, digging through her pockets for her phone as she walked. As if Hapy wasn't worse enough, the thirteen year old can't imagine what it would be like to not live with Wattpad.

Arriving at a food booth, she leaned against the wall, checking her notifications. Most of them were just announcements flooding her newsfeed, but it was still worth checking.

"Nothing important," Carrie sighed, talking mostly to herself. 

As she reached the food booth, she grabbed a granola bar and tucked it in her pocket. Then she picked up an apple and took a bite out of it, stowing her phone away.

Hmm, I think I should get a table before all of them are taken . . .

And then, at comedic timing, there was Hapy together with ____, sitting on a nearby table. ((I dunno what Hapy and their group is writing, but I hope they're at the tables ;-;))

Welp, I'm screwed-

Rushing to the farthest table, Carrie asks the two occupants in distress, 

"Uhh, can I sit at your table? Please?"

A girl that was sitting on the table was caught off guard. "I- okay?

Carrie admitted she felt dead inside, but she had felt that feeling so many times during the convention, she didn't care anymore. She also felt a bit thankful too, but she felt no difference at all.

"T-thanks."

"Hapy scares me sometimes," the black haired girl whispered.

The other girl -who has the name "Opal" written on one of those stupid "Hi, My Name Is" tags- pulled out her earbuds.

"Happy? I- what?"

Carrie sat down. "Hapy. Queen of racoons."

Another person on the table -who has the name "Sky" written on their name tag- stared at her.