Chapter 1.5.

1

1.5一 and she was defenseless like an angel trumpet

༻𖥸༺

LUCILLE DI SAINT WAS A SMART GIRL, but for the life of her she could not figure out why this boy一 prince, her mind supplied, was so interested in her.

"You've come again." Her deadpan tone and blank expression clearly told him of her irritation with his presence. (The damn brat didn't seem to care though.)

Every time he would pop up in her home, he'd simply follow her around and observe what she did and said. They were fifteen (well, he was sixteen, but that's besides the point) and he acted like a lost puppy!

Today is the day she shall put her foot down!

Turning around, hands on her hips and a glare in her forest green eyes, she scorned, "Alright Your Highness, I will ask this once and I plead that you answer me一 why the hell are you so invested with invading my life?"

The damn brat stared down at her (screw him and his giant tendencies) with those jeweled eyes that the imperial family was so well known for and after what felt like an eternity一because goodness gracious, how long can this dude stay quiet一 he gave her his answer.

"I like you."

'Huh?' Lucille was drawing a blank, because something clearly wasn't adding up, so she asked,

"But why?"

Because what was this little shit finding attractive in a girl like her.

The young prince have her a look that basically translated as 'are you kidding me', but explained nonetheless.

"You're smart, you are the heir of an influential house, the people of this empire love you, you can't even be bothered to put up with idiocy, you have a very good idea of where you stand in society and...."

He paused, pursing his lips for a moment and looking to the side as if the wall paint was more interesting.

"... the way you crunch up your nose when you're deep in thought is... cute."

This. Damn. Brat.

If her face wasn't glowing ten different shades of red by this point, she would honest to god ship herself to the doctor for a check up.

'Wait... Does this mean that he... He...'

"I wish to court you."

'Fuck.'

Because an actual prince一 a damn pretty one at that一 was stating his intent to court her, and quite possibly propose and marry her.

She couldn't refuse. It would ruin House Saint's reputation among the other noble houses.

He had her trapped between a rock and a mountain.

Well, if he wanted to play the knight in shining armour, then she sure as hell won't be making it easy for him.

"Eh? You want to court me? Not that I oppose, but aren't you a bit too self-assured?" She giggled. "Well, shoot your shot, pretty boy."

With that said, she turned around and headed back to her office. She had paperwork to finish.

And if she'll end up swallowing her words一here she discreetly took another glance at his surprised face一she's sure she might end up enjoying it.

✂------------------------------------------

how did i write so much...?