Chapter One: That Day

Okay. So, it's been a year. I've been through a lot of shit in my life. My long time boyfriend broke up with me, my family's been suffering from financial problems and so on and so forth. At least it's nice to come back here. So now, this is a Frozen fanfic and if you must know, I ship Helsa. They're an adorable couple, I'm telling you. I just wish that the are a canon couple. Gawd, I just started acting silly whenever I thought of them. I'll continue writing my other fanfics and I recommend that you check it out. So enough chitchat and get on with the story.

Disclaimer: I do not own Frozen nor the plot of The Proposal. They belong to their wonderful owners.
--------------------
The Proposal

Chapter One - That Day

It was another bright day in Arandelle, and the sound of the bell woke the currently sleeping Hans on his queen size bed in one of the castle's guest rooms. He groaned in frustration, threw the covers away, and stared at the clock. Everything was against him.

Including the clock.

"Good heavens, it's 8! I'm running late for the meeting!" he yelled, standing up from the bed. "Where in the world is my pants?"

After he dressed up, he bolted out of his room, and went straight to the dining room, grabbing a hot coffee for himself. He didn't need any breakfast. Food can come later, he just wanted to make it on their meeting. Or if he doesn't, he'll face the lovely Ice Queen's wrath. Did I just said lovely? he thought. Disgusting. That's right. Disgusting. Just then, as he was walking, deep in his thoughts, a random servant of the castle bumped into him. The coffee stained his white ascot, and he couldn't collect himself any longer. First, he was running late, and now, his coffee's already a goner.

"Oh come on!" he groaned, staring at his now stained suit to the servant. The servant, in turn, bowed his head low as if saying an apology. Hans dismissed him by giving him the empty cup of coffee - somewhat rudely - before going on his way. He saw two guards standing beside the room where their meeting will be held. The guards, upon seeing him, opened the door, and he strode in without another glance. The room was full of quiet chatter from the other dignitaries of different kingdoms. He continued walking on, his head held high, never making a sound. He sat beside on an empty chair, realizing it was the Queen's chair.

So I wasn't the only one late, he mused.

A few minutes, the Queen arrived with Kai on her heels. The exact expertly applied makeup and styled hair, it made her more beautiful. Get a hold over yourself, Hans! he mentally shouted to himself. The Queen smiled, but it was a ghost of a smile or more like, a ghostly thing, her lips barely moving.

Kai cleared his throat. "Queen Elsa of Arandelle would like to apol-"

He stopped, and Hans watched as Elsa whispered something on Kai's ear that made the head butler nod, and left the room. Tucker Gilmore, the Irish Dignitary, stood up from his seat and clapped his hand, a sign of welcome or for a show, Hans did not know. Elsa merely bowed, and curtsised the noble.

"What is the excuse that you used now, Queen Elsa?" he boomed, his voice echoing throughout the large room.

Used now? he thought. Oh, I get it. It was their own private joke.

"Let's see..." she paused, her arms crossed and lips pursed. "Hm, I told him that a Queen is never late, and everyone's just simply early."

The whole room was filled with laughter, and Hans saw Jeffrey Marcus, the German noble, wiping his eyes. The others simply chuckle at the situation. He saw composed Queen Elsa silently giggling, her hand covering the curve that shaped her lips. He found that captivating, attractive. What on earth?

"Okay, everyone. Settle down! Oh, and you too, sire!" she laughed as she made her way to her seat. She stopped, and being the gentleman Hans believed that he is, stood up and pulled out the chair for her. She thanked him and sat down. He followed the lead.

"Good morning to all nobles present here today. I trust that you slept well and ate a hearty breakfast?" she asked gleefully. There was a chorus of 'aye's and Hans couldn't ruin the moment.

"Good," Elsa said, nodding. "So it's been four days for this gathering. We are, as you know, building a pact that in the future we can use. We are here as allies, not enemies. We are here because we agreed to stand by each others' side," By this, most nobles nodded, others whispered their agreement, and Hans couldn't agree less. "So by this time, as part of the pact, what are some suggestions that we can contribute to each country?"

Tucker raised his hand and stood up. "I was thinking, m'lady, that we can have an office that should be build in every country. For communication services." Jeffrey stood up and said, "I was thinking more like of an embassy, Your Majesty."

Elsa pursed her lips, her hands pressed together. After awhile, she said, "Your ideas are the same. I like it. I'll place it on the list. Any more suggestions?"

As a couple of nobles raises their hands, a soft knock was heard and Kai entered the room. He strode in, ignoring the curious glances from the dignitaries. He whispered something to Elsa that made the Queen looked business-like and serious. She nodded and stood up.

"I must apologize to all of you but I need to excuse myself for a while. There is another important matter I need to take care of. For now, I suggest that you can have your break," she said politely before exiting the room.

"Prince Hans of the Southern Isles," Javier Félix y Garza, the Spanish dignitary, greeted him.

"Duke Javier of the Diaz Islands," he greeted in return. They talked occasionally, once or twice. Just a mere acquiantance.

"What made Queen Elsa to leave the gathering?" he inquired, running a hand through his sleek black hair.

Hans may be sitting beside Elsa, but he didn't made out the words that were exchanged between the Queen and her head butler. "I don't know," he replied smoothly. "I would not trespass upon the Queen's privacy, especially on matters that her kingdom is concerned of. Just stay out of it if I were you, Javier."

"Very well. Thank you very much on that useful information," Javier said coolly, a tone of sarcasm edging on his voice. "Good day, Hans."

Truth be told, he still haven't moved on that the Ice Queen of Arandelle, the woman he tried to kill two years ago, forgave him and accepted that he's a new changed man. But even though she forgave him, that still doesn't make things any better. He was still quiet whenever she's around, and he knew he will never stand a chance to speak to her. She was lovely, he was menacing. What did Anna told him before she punched him, throwing him out of the boat? The only one that has the frozen heart here is you, Hans. Maybe he did had a frozen heart.

Hans sighed, and drummed his fingers on the smooth surface of the mahogany table. Little did he know that the day has so much in store for him.

End of Chapter One.
-------------------
And that's the end of Chapter One. Whatdya think? Oh, and the line of Elsa that said, "a Queen is never late and everyone is jut simply early," is a line from the Princess' Diary. Great movies, yes. I must now bid my goodbye and we'll see each other again on the next update.
-----------------------------------
The Proposal is already posted in Fanfiction.net. Just wanna post it here. Anyone willing to make the cover for this story is highly appreciated.