THE FINAL GOOD BYE - Part 1

Chapter 1: THE FINAL GOOD BYE.

September 2013

"Hello"

This voice always gave me Goosebumps. There are some people in your life, who would always have a hold on you. No matter what happens, they'll always possess the same power. And she was, that person in my life.
"Hey" I uttered while my heart was beating its drums at the peak.
"Aadi? Hey, How are you?" I could feel the excitement in her voice. After all these years, she did remember my voice. A thought of still not getting out of her mind gave a threshold to my adrenaline.
"I am good, How're you?"
"I am good too. Thanks. So what's up? What made you call me? Long-time han"
"Well, Check the number I'm calling from, you will have the answer."
"Wait! Don't tell me you are in Delhi?"
"Alright, I'm not in Delhi"
I saw myself smirking while smoking the last joint I made.
"Fuck!! Seriously??" She screamed.
"Take it easy Girl, take it easy" Her reaction literally made me laugh.
"Kab aaya tu Delhi? Aur mujhe bataya kyu nahi?"
"Well I came yesterday, aur batane ke liye hi toh call kiya hai."
"Wow, nice"
"Sirf Nice? Gaaliya nahi degi?"
"Gaaliya? Why?"
"I wasn't expecting that. Anyways, kal free hai?"

"Ha ha, I know what you are talking about, but Aadi things change with time, and a lot of things changed in me as well, anyways let's not talk about that right now. Tomorrow, I've classes but I'm free in the evening. We could meet after that."
"Yeah, people grow up and they change as well, but there is always that special person for whom you will always be the same"
I wanted to say all these to her but all I could manage to say was "I have an interview, uske baad milta hu"

The call ended after about 30 mins and we decided to meet after my interview. I had no plans of calling her, and even after I did, I had no idea why did I called? Maybe it was "bholenath" who was all over my head, dancing to be precise. As they say in delhi "Baba to sar chad ke nach raha hai". I knew there was nothing left in between us, there was no way that could have got us together. But wo kehte hai na... Ek final GOOD BYE jaruri hota hai. May be this was it. All these summed up memories of the times, correction; good times that we spent together. I don't know if it was the weed or the unanticipated call which was creating these hoaxes, whatever it was, it made me smile. I was standing in the balcony of 4th floor of my friend's apartment, staring at the twinkling lights from long towers of a new city and smiling like an idiot. It's true, love makes you do stupid things and she was the one who made an introvert like me do stupid things that you don't see even in movies. She was the one who made me believe the fairy tale of love are true. There is always a special place for the first one. She had and always will occupy that special place, she'll always be my queen.

Next day!

"What's your name?" asked the sophisticated one.

Whenever you go for an interview where there are more than one interviewer, you'll notice that both of them have contrasting personalities, ironically. I was about to be interviewed by two young directors of a newly formed firm. Hmm firm, it's a very heavy term, so let's me rephrase it, A newly formed "Call centre".

"Aadi Sir" I replied and instantly realized that I made the first blunder. "You are sitting in an interview asshole, not with some old chaps" I scolded myself.

"Aaditya Roy Sir" I rephrased, trying to recover as I took out my handkerchief from my back pocket to wipe out the sweats spreading all over my face and around the collar.

I was sitting for an interview about after two years, so being nervous would be an understatement. Although I had practiced the interview more than 1000 times in my head since I boarded the metro from Dwarka, but when it comes to face the fire, things turned out to be very different.