Chapter 1

The sun was in high up in the sky spreading its heat and light and on the ground were two men stopping a women from entering a school office. That was a government school.

" Please.. help  me.. " said a young woman of about 32. She was on her knees  in a black dirty saree trodden here and there due to regular use. A kind of cry was in her eyes with her hands folded, begging for  food grains to feed up her family.  In front of her  were two - three men and a fat woman standing and ignoring her plight. The fat one was looking like a football full of air and still not filled. She was the headmistress of the high school were bags  food grains were stored for distribution among villagers.

In her office two men were adjusting the entries of distribution which was to be reported. Some people were walking in and out with bags. But very few of the  beneficiaries were really needy. Others were acquaintances in some or other way of the employees working there.

The lady who was asking for grains had heard  that  food grains were being distributed among poors by the government. Though she had came as needy but very soon she realised who were real poor. The rich and people with sufficient surplus. They were taking away  stomach of hundreds of  poors and filling up their stock.
Earlier she  was not as much perplexed as she then was.
She worked all her day in one house as a maid and selling small products on station as a seller. She had three children two older ones son and a daughter. Her daughter would be always with her while her both sons  would manage the business untill she would come from her work. Then the elder one would do other labour till dusk. Her husband owned a rickshaw and earn from that. In afternoon he would do the lunch at station with his family and again labour.

But after the declaration of very lockdown in whole country. They hardly had survived three weeks with the resting stock. From then they starve daily for food grains.
Somehow they together manage food for dinner. One day on her way she found 4-5 people carrying at least 10 bags of grain. When she asked from where they get those. They shouted, " Go away! Nothing of your business. Look your own way ! " and abused her. Then she found that food grains were being distributed and went there..