chapter one

'We're moving' , dad said. ' I got a new job and it's paying great'
' Really, so we are going out of town'. I said getting excited. I can't believe it.
'Yes Daniella' , dad responded, ' to Limberville. There, I can provide you with everything you need and mum's medication '.

My smile dropped. Limberville. No way. I ain't going there.
Wait, it's not that I'm not happy that I'm getting everything I ever dreamt of but I hate that town.
My dad was expecting a reaction from me .

'Daniella, what's wrong?. Aren't you happy for me and for the fact that I can provide for you sufficiently'.
'Not that dad but why that town. You know how the natives treat us'.
'But that's where I've got the job and you should be excited about that's.
'I don't want to go', I said frowning.
'Daniella, we are going and that's final' , he concluded.

Running upstairs to see mum in the room. She's sleeping when I got there. She looks so peaceful but fragile lying there.
I wanted to scream and cry. She has been suffering from cancer for the past four years and she gets weaker and weaker as the days go by.

'It's going to be okay mum, it's going to be' I said holding her hands'.
Wiping my tears, I got down to prepare dinner. Preparing some soup for my mum, I sent it to her room, waking her up.

'Mum, mum, wake up. Your soup is ready'. Opening her eyes slightly. She smiles when she realises I'm the one.
'Hello , sweetheart. Thanks for the soup', she said giving me a weak smile. I watch her take her soup.

'Mum, are you aware we are moving'?
'Yes dear, I know. Just cope for me alright. It will be okay', she said reassuring me.
She finished taking her soup sending it downstairs.
Dad dished his out already.
I washed the dishes, not hungry myself getting into my room to go over what happened today.
It's going to be a long night.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke up the next morning feeling down. I'm not happy about moving out. I'm going to leave all memories I created here, my school, friends.

Speaking of friends. I haven't called April to tell her what's going on.

April is my best friend forever. We do all that shitty stuff together . We do what all best friends do. You get me right?

Walking into the bathroom like a zombie. I brushed my teeth, do my business and taking a hot bath, I put on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt on.
I'm a fashionista but hey I'm not going anywhere so yeah.

Picking my phone, I dialed April's number.

"Hey Danny" she screamed into the cell phone making me to pull the phone from my ears.

"Hello April but I need my eardrums to function properly".

"Well, I'm good too and you?" ignoring my complain.
Chu